Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st April 2019, 06:59 AM
Friend

Default Hello from the Danelaw

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself briefly. I am very glad to have found this forum - I am fairly new to the darkroom and have lots of questions that I'm hoping some of you will help me to answer. Hopefully as I get more experience I'll be able to return the favour!

About me: I'm an amateur photographer and have a small darkroom. I went on an introductory course last year at Ag Photographic in Birmingham which was really great for getting started with and I realised that making prints from my negs was something I really wanted to do. Since then I have equipped a cupboard in the house as a darkroom and been experimenting. I've sought advice from YouTube, especially the Shoot Film Like A Boss channel, and a couple of introductory textbooks, and have mainly been learning by trial and error. I plan to start developing my own films in the next few months, but it's printmaking that I love most about working with film.

I shoot film for preference but digital for convenience (like many hobbyists I have to work round a busy work and family life) and plan to use digital negatives to print some of my digital work when I have the chance. You can see my work on my Flickr page here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/119290408@N03/

Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies