Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th May 2017, 04:40 PM
Friend

One more Lith print.
Kodak polycontrast paper.
Kodalith 60+60+80
22C, 15min

[IMG]Lith8mai17 by Trygve Bjerk, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 8th May 2017, 08:14 PM
Friend

I don't know if it's my problem, but I can't see the images posted above by Trygve. I'm keen to see them if there's a way round the issue. I get a little square with a broken link symbol.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9th May 2017, 05:57 AM
Friend

Maybe the Tapatalk application make the problem for you.

Trygve
Old 9th May 2017, 01:04 PM
Friend

Yes, that is possible. I will try looking on a PC. Thanks,
Alex
Old 22nd May 2017, 08:52 PM
Friend

Default Semi Lith

Kodak Polycontrast III. ParaLith Developer 7 minutes.

[IMG]PolyPLith by Trygve Bjerk, on Flickr[/IMG]

Trygve
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:34 PM
Friend

Currently I am printing views of several places in Donegal for my Dad and to hang in our house as a reminder of where he came from, a couple I have done at 9.5x7.5 for 10x8 framing the others will be at 9x6. I don't have a flatbed so no easy way to get them online currently other than to photograph with them my 60D which is a bit perverse in a sense.
Old 5th January 2018, 01:03 PM
Friend

Over the last few days when it got dark I had a mammoth 16x12 printing session with my 'Gift' Durst M601 enlarger and a box of very old Kodak Royal Bromesko -- must be a 100 sheet box I was given years ago. the 'surface' is a semi-matt type -- not my favourite. I used home-made D72 1+2 and a little 1% Benzotriazole . I got some good prints -- too LARGE to scan to show you but could show the 'Negative Scans' but that is 'not allowed' !
Old 5th January 2018, 04:50 PM
Friend

Marty, there was a time when, if you asked me that, I could in all truthfulness have replied “I’m printing a letter to my parents – left handed." I had a broken bone in my right wrist and was wearing a cast that prevented me from even holding a writing utensil, and I needed to be able to operate a slide rule and put my calculations to paper the very next day. So I printed a 7-page letter to my parents to get the hang of it, and by the 7th page it was beginning to be decipherable (a word?). Then the bank made me fill out a card with both my printed and written (to the best of my ability) signatures that had to be used when writing checks. The cast was in place for 3.5 months. The brain is a wonderful device: Would you believe that after nearly 60 yrs I can still pick up a pencil/pen and write left-handed (slowly but legibly)?
Old 15th January 2018, 04:06 PM
Friend

Default Chromogenic prints

I spent Sunday afternoon making a few 8x10 prints on colour paper from B&W negatives. There's no control over contrast, but with slight adjustments to the enlarger filters I can adjust prints from cold to warm tone (and way beyond). The success of these raises the interesting possibility of combining colour and monochrome images on the same print (watch this space..)

Here are a couple of examples, photographed rather than scanned. I did have more pictures, but managed to delete the jpegs whilst resizing!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5697.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	2814  
Old 28th November 2018, 01:58 AM
Friend

Smile

At the moment I'm making small prints from my older 2 1/4" sq. b&w negatives to give out to friends for Xmas gifts. They're all landscapes and urban scenes, most of which I made during my University course; ah happy days.

The prints are 6" square on 10x8" paper. I'm using my small stock of older paper; having just finished the last of my 10x8" Grade 2 Galerie I've a few sheets of MGIV-FB to use up.

I also have three sheets of Brovira Rapid with a pre-decimal price label, which seems to be in good order and about Grade 2, awaiting some well-chosen negatives.

I toned some of them yesterday using Viradon Neu and selenium for most, and some in Tetenal gold. I'd forgotten how quickly Galerie responds to bleaching compared with MGIV-FB.

It feels good to be back in the darkroom again!
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies