Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Articles > Articles

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Comment

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
FADU F-stop Enlarger Timer App for Android
Bob
20th August 2018
FADU F-STOP ENLARGER TIMER

The project files for the FADU F-stop Enlarger Timer have now been moved to GitHub as that is a more appropriate place to maintain the project - but read on for an overview and release...
By LesMeehan on 6th February 2020, 10:11 AM

Hi Bob
Did you ever start selling the programmed sonoff devices?
I haven't a clue doing that stuff and would love to buy a ready to go one so I can use the Android FADU timer app.
Regards
Les Meehan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
A new version (1.4.0) of the FADU F-stop Enlarger Timer App has been uploaded to the google play store.

This is probably the last update for a while as it now does pretty much all it needs to do.

I might be making reprogrammed Sonoff Basic devices available on Tindie for anyone that can't reprogram them themselves and want to have a play.

Cheers, Bob.
Last edited by Bob; 7th February 2020 at 01:25 PM..
By Bob on 7th February 2020, 01:36 PM

Hi Les.

You mention setting the app to "LC Tech". Can you give a link to the relay board you bought - just to make sure we are talking about the same board.

Does the “AI-Thinker_xxxxxx” network show up on your phone? If so, you need to connect your phone to that network first before the App can talk to it.

Also, disconnect any other device from the “AI-Thinker_xxxxxx” network to avoid confusing it.

It is also possible the board you have uses different commands - hence a link to the one you bought should help identify it.

Cheers, Bob.
By Bob on 7th February 2020, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesMeehan View Post
Hi Bob
Did you ever start selling the programmed sonoff devices?
I haven't a clue doing that stuff and would love to buy a ready to go one so I can use the Android FADU timer app.
Regards
Les Meehan
Hi Les.

No, I didn't go ahead with that as there did not seem any real demand and after researching it further, I found Tindie is not a particularly welcoming place for sellers outside the US - they don't have the facilities and processes in place to handle that properly.

Cheers, Bob.
By LesMeehan on 8th February 2020, 09:53 PM

Hi Bob,
Many thanks for your replies, very much appreciated!
The relay I bought through eBay at this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5V-12V-Se...11720742acfc0f

The relay works with the eWeLink app and switches enlarger on and off but no sign of any 'AI-Thinker...' network on phone/tablet.

I'm assuming this is the wrong relay so if you could point me to where I can buy the correct one I would appreciate it.
Kindest regards
Les

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Hi Les.

You mention setting the app to "LC Tech". Can you give a link to the relay board you bought - just to make sure we are talking about the same board.

Does the “AI-Thinker_xxxxxx” network show up on your phone? If so, you need to connect your phone to that network first before the App can talk to it.

Also, disconnect any other device from the “AI-Thinker_xxxxxx” network to avoid confusing it.

It is also possible the board you have uses different commands - hence a link to the one you bought should help identify it.

Cheers, Bob.
By Bob on 8th February 2020, 10:03 PM

Hi Les.

Sorry, as you guessed, that board is not compatible with the app. Only the ones listed in the manual will work with it.

These types of modules can only talk to devices connected to the internet - this is not a practical option for a timer due to the delays inherent in sending commands across the internet (the Sonof devices also have this problem by default, which is why they need to be reprogrammed first).

Are you intending to switch the mains input to the enlarger or will you be switching the low-voltage output from the voltage stabilizer?

This defines which type module you need to use.

Cheers, Bob.
By LesMeehan on 8th February 2020, 11:45 PM

Hi Bob, thanks for the clarification re the relay. In answer to your question, since I've already broken into the wires between the transformer and enlarger I would want to work on the low voltage side of the power.
Again, many thanks for taking time to help me with this.
Kindest regards
Les
By Bob on 9th February 2020, 12:06 AM

Hi Les.

In that case this one is the one I used when designing the app: https://www.banggood.com/5V-ESP8266-...r_warehouse=CN

It will come from China so will take a 2 to 3 weeks to reach you unfortunately. I don't see one on ebay, but Amazon has what looks like the same module: https://www.amazon.co.uk/DollaTek-2-...206252&sr=8-36 at twice the price, but UK based.

You will also need a suitable 5V power supply and a box to put it in per the manual.

Cheers, Bob.
By Bob on 9th February 2020, 12:06 AM

Hi Les.

In that case this one is the one I used when designing the app: https://www.banggood.com/5V-ESP8266-...r_warehouse=CN

It will come from China so will take 2 to 3 weeks to reach you unfortunately. I don't see one on ebay, but Amazon has what looks like the same module: https://www.amazon.co.uk/DollaTek-2-...206252&sr=8-36 at twice the price, but UK based.

You will also need a suitable 5V power supply and a box to put it in per the manual.

Cheers, Bob.
Last edited by Bob; 9th February 2020 at 12:23 AM..
By LesMeehan on 9th February 2020, 12:22 AM

Hi Bob, great info! I've ordered the item from china thru your provided link so fingers crossed I'm get a result with that unit.
Can't thank you enough for this help and your timer of course.
I'll let you know the outcome in a coupke of weeks.
All the very best to you...
Kindest regards
Les
By Bob on 9th February 2020, 03:09 PM

No problem Les. If you have any further issues once it arrives, let me know.

Cheers, Bob.
Comment
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search