Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 27th May 2015, 09:42 PM
Friend

I put a folded tea towel under my tank and tap the tank bottom on that instead of tapping the brittle plastic tank bottom directly against the hard surface.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 28th May 2015, 05:50 AM
Friend

Another vote for the folded tea towel, and as I tend to development mine while others are asleep it also deadens the noise.

Ian
Old 28th May 2015, 12:13 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CambsIan View Post
Another vote for the folded tea towel, and as I tend to development mine while others are asleep it also deadens the noise.

Ian
A picture emerges of a shadowy figure in the middle of the night stuff, with accompanying soft music playing that famous Frank Sinatra song "Stranglers in the Night"

Mike .
Old 28th May 2015, 02:54 PM
Friend

More like a portly figure in the early hours of the morning struggling in the dark.

Ian
Old 10th September 2018, 08:45 AM
Friend

I realise that this is a long time ago but this may help for the future. This looks like "reticulation",im sure you know but for those who dont, this is when the temperature goes off the scale (high), be it dev, stop, fix, but wash is the most common cause (that I know about) the excess temperature causes the emulsion to swell and the grains clump together and when it contracts whamo, the mess is complete, some use it for effect, I only ever acheived it once and that was a temperature increase on board a ship when one of the stockers (marine engineers) connected the hot water feed onto the cold feed, my film was washing whilst i was out of the darkroom and the damage was done........... all the best fez

Tags
film developing issue, problems
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies