Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th July 2019, 12:25 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
Talking of grammar police - what happened to the much under- and mis- used apostrophe in 'next round's print'??
Cheers, Mike
Just rereading your post Mike, I now realise that you may have been referring to my post? LOL

I think I must have left the apostrophe at the Post Office along with the print... maybe?

Terry S
Old 4th July 2019, 05:37 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakubV View Post
Posted mine earlier today. Guilty of postponing a trip to the post office again
Jakub
Hi Jakub,
Your two prints well arrived yesterday, when I came in rather late. I like them both a lot and even find similarities, though one covers a beautiful landscape, excellently printed!, and a the other street a scene. Both have a great depth from foreground to background. I also like the street print , where you caught the bypasser in exactly the right moment. If the Vespa in the foreground would be dodged, I think that it would be too dominant.
Best, Frank
Old 4th July 2019, 08:57 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanFrank View Post
Hi Jakub,
Your two prints well arrived yesterday, when I came in rather late. I like them both a lot and even find similarities, though one covers a beautiful landscape, excellently printed!, and a the other street a scene. Both have a great depth from foreground to background. I also like the street print , where you caught the bypasser in exactly the right moment. If the Vespa in the foreground would be dodged, I think that it would be too dominant.
Best, Frank
I'm glad that you liked 'em. Just today I was getting the scans ready for upload when I realized that they have very similar composition indeed - three distinct spatial planes in both. Maybe that (unknowingly) lead me to bundle them together

Jakub
Old 10th July 2019, 04:18 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Many thanks for that compliment Mike, as I am one of the three. You should have written, 'There are three participants outstanding...' to avoid flattering the three of us, but hey, I'm not the grammar police!

Anyway, I've just returned from the Post Office where I've dropped off my print for this round.

Hopefully the next rounds print will get done and sent out a bit earlier than this one.

Terry S
And received yesterday - a very nice print of two locks on a door with quite weathered white paint. I like the contrast very much and the black border works very well with the print.
About the contrasty negative - some time ago when a faulty thermometer guided me to develop at 16°C (and time for 20°C) I found out that suggested times for FP4 in rodinal might be a tad too long

Thanks for a nice print
Jakub
Old 10th July 2019, 11:50 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakubV View Post
And received yesterday - a very nice print of two locks on a door with quite weathered white paint. I like the contrast very much and the black border works very well with the print.

Thanks for a nice print
Jakub
It's always good to hear that a print has arrived okay, so thanks for that Jakub.

I was only going through older prints sent yesterday, and in doing so reread the letter enclosed with the print sent to you. I meant to mention that the print was of a front door of a seafront chalet, from a long row of them, which are all generally well padlocked at the front entrances. Thieves ignore this though and just break in through the back of them, but luckily only occasionally. What they think is in them is anyone's guess.

I keep saying I will, but I must do a bit of scanning and put a few prints, including this current rounds, into the gallery = smack wrist!

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies