Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th March 2020, 10:29 PM
Friend

I was in a couple of supermarkets at the weekend, and whilst standing in the que had a good look at the items on the conveyor belts.
The amount of bars of hand soap that one woman had gave the impression she was buying for a hotel. Another chap had emptied the shelves of long life milk, whilst one bloke who looked like he had never seen a salad, and lived on pie and chips all his life had enough rice to throw at a hundred weddings.
I thought they would make good record photographs for posterity at the time, but how would people react if I whipped out a camera and started taking photos of their shopping?
It could upset quite a few people I think.
Old 16th March 2020, 10:55 PM
Friend

There was a young man in a supermarket with his trolley stacked high with: hand sanitizer, pasta, longlife milk and toilet rolls. An angry woman verbally attacked him, she accused him of being selfish and inconsiderate. The young man replied by saying, "I will take on all you have said but please allow me to continue stacking the shelves.....I work here 😁
Old 17th March 2020, 12:59 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat Polton View Post
I was in a couple of supermarkets at the weekend, and whilst standing in the que had a good look at the items on the conveyor belts.
The amount of bars of hand soap that one woman had gave the impression she was buying for a hotel. ...but how would people react if I whipped out a camera and started taking photos of their shopping?
It could upset quite a few people I think.
If you get in there quick, you might just beat Martin Parr to getting published, before he publishes his next book, 'Shopping...(insert suitable wording here)'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
Well, as I'm now self-isolating as family members are showing symptoms (although I'm not - yet) I'll be spending a lot of time in the darkroom catching up on printing, toning etc.
We never know, but the fumes of some of our beloved chemicals may even give us a bit of immunity, killing off any nasty bits in our nose and throat before they have a chance of doing anything.

Living in hope...

Stay well everyone.

Terry S
Old 17th March 2020, 06:07 PM
Friend

I loved the post by GoodOldNorm

Keep up the good work Norm.
Old 17th March 2020, 10:22 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
We never know, but the fumes of some of our beloved chemicals may even give us a bit of immunity, killing off any nasty bits in our nose and throat before they have a chance of doing anything.

Living in hope...

Stay well everyone.

Terry S
I was in our Aldi store tonight and learned a lot about shopping habits of Aldi customers. Fruit and veg, fish and cheese seemed unaffected but not a single loaf or red meat products and while the wine stocks were not bad the spirits were decimated

Daventry's version of the important 3 a day? Bread, red meat and spirits

Where's Michael Mousley and his team for a bit of a healthy eating education blitz in Daventry?

Daventry doc to patient: "Your health is suffering badly, I am prescribing a lettuce leaf diet."

Patient to doc : "That sounds like a tough regime but at least I presume you can guarantee me a longer life as a result "

Doc to patient: Sorry No, I can only guarantee that it will seem longer"

Mike
Old 17th March 2020, 11:14 PM
Friend

a man goes to the doctors and the doctor says ,I am sorry but you only have 3 weeks to live ,so the man says can I have the last week in July and the first 2 week in august ….
Old 18th March 2020, 10:12 AM
Friend

Last time I visited my doctor he said "would you like to go private?"
I replied "no I am quite happy here."
So he examined me in the waiting room.
Old 18th March 2020, 12:32 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
a man goes to the doctors and the doctor says ,I am sorry but you only have 3 weeks to live ,so the man says can I have the last week in July and the first 2 week in august ….

Now that is on 'SICK' Joke
Old 18th March 2020, 01:00 PM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
Better than the chap who was told he had 24 hours to live. Trouble was they were supposed to tell him the day before.
Old 18th March 2020, 01:00 PM
Friend

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ga...tle-washington

The Little Darlings image amused me
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies