Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 30th October 2021, 07:53 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
I too have an ageing and rusty version of this clock that needs a spring clean. So after reading the instructions again and watching the YouTube thread, i might try and get mine working again as well.

A good tip about using the right (light) oil as I am also prone to squirting WD40 where it doesn't belong!

Terry S
I gather from YouTube videos that one should really use 'clock oil' formulated for the purpose, because it is formulated to stay where it is put. I actually used sewing machine oil, and very little of that. The clock was running fine anyway. I figure that if it starts to slow, I will need to do the job properly - but I don't expect that to happen for a very long time.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies