Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 19th August 2017, 03:27 PM
Friend

Default PMK Pyro & MCM-100 Film dev from USA

Surplus Dry stock direct from The Photographers Formulary approx 3yrs old. One unopened pack PMK Pyro Film Developer Cat. No. 01-5045
makes two stock solutions that dilute to 25Ltrs of working solution.
For maximum stain a Non acidic Fixer is recommended. Present pack price £30. Instructions included.
One unopened pack of Formulary MCM-100 Film Developer. Cat No. 01-0201makes 2Ltrs of working solution. This is a Catechol-p-phenylenediamine film dev that produces extremely fine grain with good sharpness. Recommended for such films as Tri-X Instructions included
Present online cost £16.80
No sensible offer refused: Please add £4 postage.
More info on line at www.photoformulary.com If only someone in Europe would take up the agency here.
Regards Hughes LRPS
Old 19th August 2017, 04:13 PM
Friend

An acid fixer like Hypam or Kodak/Ilford Rapid fixer has a working pH of around 5.4 and has no efefct on the staining.

The myth of an alkaline fixer and even an alkali stop bath has been de-bunked, even Gordon Hutchings who came up with PMK Pyro has changed his views. The original instructions were to keep the used developer and after fixing and a rinse put the film back in it to get maximum stain. This works there is greater staining but not the way intended - all that happens is the oxidised developer stains the emulsion increasing base staining so effectively higher base fog.

Ian
Old 21st August 2017, 10:22 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlabours View Post
An acid fixer like Hypam or Kodak/Ilford Rapid fixer has a working pH of around 5.4 and has no efefct on the staining.

The myth of an alkaline fixer and even an alkali stop bath has been de-bunked, even Gordon Hutchings who came up with PMK Pyro has changed his views. The original instructions were to keep the used developer and after fixing and a rinse put the film back in it to get maximum stain. This works there is greater staining but not the way intended - all that happens is the oxidised developer stains the emulsion increasing base staining so effectively higher base fog.

Ian
I have used it this way once and have found that the staining increases over time.
I've stopped using this developer and would not use the after stain again if i was to use it again.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 24th August 2017, 07:57 PM
Friend

Before my current slump PMK was the only developer I used.
Never used the 'second pass' through the developer, and only used ever Ilford rapid fixer.
The degree of stain varies from film to film: HP5 and Fomapan 100 stain really well, PanF rather less so, Delta 3200 not at all.
It's become harder to obtain, as now Silverprint and the Imaging Warehouse no longer carry it. If I ever resurrect my darkroom I intend to go straight back to it.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies