Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd May 2021, 10:20 AM
Friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz4vpUZPzns

I think this Youtube site may have been mentioned in an earlier topic.
A good source of information for making your own pyro developer and alkaline fixer.
He also mentions the availability of Kodalk, Sodium metaborate from this shop.
Some Pyro comparison as well.
Cheers.
Old 3rd May 2021, 02:19 PM
Friend

Yes, Pictorial Planet is well worth a look He does a very good presentation on all his videos.

Pity about the "Scottish music Intro" at the start of all the videos but if we Jocks keep trying hard enough we might be able to prevent any Jacobite hit-men in that region of Scotland from taking revenge.

Mike
Old 3rd May 2021, 03:49 PM
Administrator

I had not tripped over that channel before. Thanks for the heads-up; that's an hour or so of this Bank Holiday Monday sorted

Being English, I will just imagine that the intro music is an excerpt from the soundtrack of a ZX Spectrum game from the 1980's (to be honest, that's what most bagpipe music sounds like to me ).
Old 3rd May 2021, 06:09 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Being English, I will just imagine that the intro music is an excerpt from the soundtrack of a ZX Spectrum game from the 1980's (to be honest, that's what most bagpipe music sounds like to me ).
OK, Bob, as the Jock nearest to London-ish, I'll do my best with my Southern Jacobite brothers. There's few of us analoguers as it is

Mike
Old 17th June 2021, 10:55 AM
Friend

Hello Everybody,
I will be making an order with Photographers Formulary next week and intend to re-order some more Sodium Metaborate, having sold out.
Please let me know any other ‘dry’ items you would like (go to http://stores.photoformulary.com/film) and I will find out if it is in stock and the likely price. I have had an enquiry for some Pyro 510 so intend to order some of this, but it will only be a few packets unless demand indicates otherwise.
I do ask that if you request a chemical that you follow up and buy the item, just to keep postage costs low.
Try and let me know by Monday (21st June) so I can get the stock by early July.
Many thanks to all those who have supported me during these difficult times.

All the best, David
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies