Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > New products and offers

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 16th September 2021, 04:13 PM
Friend

Default Three new Ilford products - apparently

I have just received the Friday Newsletter from Ilford in which it announces that at its stand at the forthcoming NEC Photography it will be revealing 3 new products which I assume will feature in next week's newsletter for those of us not going to the show.

The other interesting thing is that it is implementing a systems upgrade from 3pm on Wednesday 22nd September and the e-commerce will be unavailable until early(no date specified) October. However the rest of the site will remain functional throughout this upgrade

I wonder what the new products will be?

I predict a wide spectrum of speculation on Photrio if anyone repeats the Ilford announcement there

Finally one more intriguing thing:
This week's profile is about Mari Slater-Parry. one of its research scientists and it is her quote that intrigues me as follows:

"I’m a little bit of a outlier in that I am the only member of the company that doesn’t work within the sector of photography, my project's a little different and I definitely cant tell you about it (Sorry!)."

So some kind of a totally new venture for Ilford?

I was going to say the revival of Kodachrome but that's still within the realm of photography so presumably not that one

Mike
Old 16th September 2021, 04:23 PM
Friend

I had an email from Silverprint advising that Ilford will be closed for two weeks:

"Unfortunately we will not receive 'additional supplies' of Ilford Photo products from Thursday 23 September to Thursday 7th October.

However to limit the impact we will increase stock levels on the main sellers, prior to the 'freeze period' but as slow sellers are only ordered according to specific customer demand, they are more likely to be affected.

We would appreciate your help on this occasion if you could plan ahead for your Ilford purchases before 23 September, and we will do everything possible to assist you.

You will be notified if we cannot ship any Ilford products that you order, in the timescale shown on our website."
Old 16th September 2021, 07:54 PM
Friend

Yes, Nick, whatever the systems upgrade is, it sounds quite extensive if it takes virtually a fortnight to implement

Mike
Old 17th September 2021, 06:55 AM
Friend

How long did TSB's upgrade take?
Old 17th September 2021, 11:14 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
I predict a wide spectrum of speculation on Photrio if anyone repeats the Ilford announcement there

Mike
I have just checked Mike and surprisingly, no one has mentioned this email announcement yet.

Ooooh, I've now got twitchy fingers as I'm curious to see how many posts and ideas get suggested...

Terry S
Old 17th September 2021, 12:16 PM
Friend

they are going to sell utilities , mobile phones and satellite channels ,thats my guess .
Old 17th September 2021, 06:18 PM
Friend

A Photrio member called Lachlan Young has just started the ball rolling

Mike
Old 18th September 2021, 11:14 AM
Friend

An Ilford/Paterson Darkroom Starter Kit (PTP575) available Q4
Ilford Pop-Up Darkroom available Q4
An Ilford 35mm Gift Calendar available mid-October
Old 18th September 2021, 01:38 PM
Friend

Thanks Collas. It all depends on price I suppose but at least Ilford is trying to seriously promote the darkroom with the fist two items

Frankly as things stand and nearly all the film converts being "hybriders, "it has long been my worry that eventually darkroom paper sales were going to suffer and it would seem from the last Ilford business report that that is indeed the case. Paper sales went down while film sales improved by 5%

Mike
Old 18th September 2021, 02:07 PM
Friend

Unfortunately, it's a lot easier to scan negatives and then sort them out with Lightroom, Capture One, Photoshop, etc. Guilty as charged. One of these days I'm going to get the Ahel 1245 enlarger I bought from Teamwork twenty-five years ago up and running…
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies