Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - medium format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th December 2009, 01:55 PM
Friend

Default Bag for mamiya TLR

Any suggestions on a good bag to carry a mamiya TLR and a couple of lenses, lightmeter film etc. Good access, robust easy to carry..

all suggestions welcome

andy
Old 14th December 2009, 02:46 PM
Friend

If you are out walking something that goes on you back I should think to spread the load. Amongst others Loweprow do a good range to suit most camera systems and they are well made for the price.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 14th December 2009, 03:03 PM
Friend

Try a Billingham, perhaps one of the photo hadleys, enough room,very strong,I use one myself, dropped the bag onto concrete and and not even a scratch on a rolleiflex, so very well padded,Richard
Old 14th December 2009, 03:38 PM
Friend

I know from experience that Lowepro are a superb make, I have a rucksack which I hall my Nikon f4 + associated bits around in. I have tried the mamiya and I find it awkward. The dividers are designed around an slr and short telephotos. I can make it fit a brick of a TLR with a 180mm sticking out of the front, but trying to access it quickly, and efficiently isn't possible. It also seem a rather large bag for one camera. What I am toying with is an old traditional press style shoulder bag. The billingham certainly fits the bill. Has anyone any suggestions from experience ?

thanks

Andy
Old 14th December 2009, 04:13 PM
Friend

I always used a top loading Lowepro Nova shoulder bag for mine. The bag size was dictated by the height of the camera as I preferred to put it in the bag in an upright position.
Old 14th December 2009, 07:18 PM
Friend

I have recently bought a Peli PCSE.180 from Ffords via that auction site for my Mamiya 645,I looked for a long time for a suitable tote bag, not a rucksack type ,as at 68 I think my hill walking days are done.
The bag holds camera with standard or 110mm lens,and the L grip attached, 3 lenses,2 backs, assorted film, filters, note book etc,the lot is heavy, and if I do intend to walk far I will cut things down and use a Billingham.
The bags interior size is 43cm H x 34cm W x 17cm D, so it might be on the big side for a TLR and a couple of lenses, but you should get some waterproofs and sandwiches in as well.
They are on sale on that site for 59 99, and seem to be strong and of good quality,I cannot give a road test yet of mine,as when I have had time to get out with the camera, it has not stopped raining.
Peter
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd