Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Print Finishing

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th November 2010, 10:21 PM
Friend

Default Mounting ideas

I would like to mount a group of photographs all in the same frame. The problem is I don't have the faintest idea how to do it. I don't want the pictures to be too ordered and would much prefer mounting them all at different angles.

Any ideas?
Old 4th November 2010, 10:39 PM
Friend

I have seen this done before and it can be quite effective. Why not mock something up and see what it looks like :-)

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 5th November 2010, 07:52 AM
Friend

I suppose the idea is to position the prints and then see if it's possible to cut the mat in such a way that it holds everything in place
Old 5th November 2010, 07:55 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I suppose the idea is to position the prints and then see if it's possible to cut the mat in such a way that it holds everything in place
That's the way I would go about it.
Old 5th November 2010, 08:47 AM
Friend

Quote:

The mat cutting will be the tricky bit; especially if the prints are on the slant. But if you have something in your mind you should spend time achieving it

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 5th November 2010, 09:27 AM
Friend

Brian, I don't know if this is of any help;

http://www.xyron.com/enUS/Campaigns/Creatopia.html

They are available in the UK, I bought mine on one of the tv shopping channels. I don't use any of the cutters or embossing tools just the adhesives, either permanent or re-positional. The adhesive comes in 40 foot x 12" rolls, is acid free. It really is so fuss free to use. Not exactly cheap so you need to decide if its cost effect - for me it is as I do a lot of print mounting.

To answer your question directly I would mount the prints then cut one big window rather than individual windows to hold each individual image in place.
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 7th November 2010, 03:59 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Crone View Post
Brian, I don't know if this is of any help;

http://www.xyron.com/enUS/Campaigns/Creatopia.html

They are available in the UK, I bought mine on one of the tv shopping channels. I don't use any of the cutters or embossing tools just the adhesives, either permanent or re-positional. The adhesive comes in 40 foot x 12" rolls, is acid free. It really is so fuss free to use. Not exactly cheap so you need to decide if its cost effect - for me it is as I do a lot of print mounting.

To answer your question directly I would mount the prints then cut one big window rather than individual windows to hold each individual image in place.

Hi Trevor,

Looks really interesting, I'll keep my eyes open for one in the UK as a quick search on the web only revealed US suppliers.

Up till then I've bought a frames complete with a mount for eight prints. I'll see how that looks when I've done the prints.
Old 7th November 2010, 05:46 PM
Friend

Quote:
Hi Trevor,

Looks really interesting, I'll keep my eyes open for one in the UK as a quick search on the web only revealed US suppliers.

Up till then I've bought a frames complete with a mount for eight prints. I'll see how that looks when I've done the prints.
Brian, I got mine here.

As you can see not exactly cheap but I can vouch for its build quality, reliability and ease of use. As I said one would have to weigh up cost effectiveness with use.

Good luck with your project
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies