Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 31st October 2014, 04:29 PM
Friend

Default Dartmoor in January - 2015

It is the time of the year again to start planning for yet another "Dartmoor in January" gathering. After missing out on the last one in January 2014, I thought why not to have another one in January 2015!

I am considering January the 22nd to the 26th, as it is the best possible long weekend date in January that suits me. If you wish to come along and the date is not convenient please do let me know and I will see if I could do anything about it.

I suggest the usual base at Bovey Tracey. However, I am not sure we could base ourselves at the Riverside Inn, Bovey Tracey, as they do seem to have their website offline and no possibility to book through popular booking sites. Not sure if they still operate? I will give them a call in the next few days.

Lucky enough, there's a variety of accommodation in the form of Inns, hotels, B&Bs and camping / caravanning sites for the hardy is available within the area to suit all pockets and tastes.

The format for the weekend will be the same as our previous visits – informal and to do some photography.

The idea is to visit some moorland locations. The locations will be decided on the day. As the weather on Dartmoor can be unpredictable, and the going often muddy, sensible outdoor clothing and walking boots / shoes are recommended.

If you have any questions please ask here or send me a PM.

I hope to see all the past Dartmoor attendees and a good few new ones on the moor in January!
Old 1st November 2014, 11:54 AM
Friend

Leo,

I see you still can't resist the magnetic pull of Wistman's Wood

I should be able to join you for a night or two and will look forward to seeing you again. Let me know when you have firmed up the dates.

I have no idea what is up with the Riverside but maybe it has changed hands or they are doing some alterations / renovations. Hopefully it will be available in time for January.

Cheers,

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 2nd November 2014, 11:06 AM
Friend

Hi Leo,
I unfortunately have had to pull out of the Hartland Quay trip this month but there is a good chance I will be able to join you on Dartmoor towards the end of January. Look forward to hearing from you when you have finalised matters.
Regards,
Paul
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies