Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Equipment miscellaneous

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th March 2020, 03:51 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
When I was a kid in the 1960s we used to wait for the drain cleaning tanker to come. The roadside cast iron grates were lifted and a huge suction pipe was inserted, after a lot of noise out came the pipe, job done, our moment came. "Mr., my marbles went down that grate, can you have a look for them please". The man operating the pump would look in his filter and fish out all the marbles, "ta mister" and off we went to play. We never washed them, maybe a quick rub to dry them on the grass that was it we never caught any nasty bugs or Wiels disease. Our other free source of marbles came from watching dad digging the garden waiting for a marble to be revealed as the earth was turned over. Back on topic, my wife has taken to drinking the mini sized bottles of wine, the small bottles are ideal for storing developer, also wine bottle vacuum pumps work very well.
I used some of those vaccum corks with bottles the other year when I had a play around with colour film developing. I must dig them out.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies