Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Top Tips

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd March 2011, 06:44 PM
Friend

Default Durst M670 VC Enlarger + ZoneMaster

I'm using a Durst M670 VC enlarger and have recently acquired a ZoneMaster exposure meter at RH Design. I think (but I'm still testing) that the correction factor for my enlarger is -6 for paper grades 00 to 3, and -18 for grades 4 and 5. This is with Ilford RCMG glossy.
Biggest problem is to determine where exactly on the graduated paper I find the off-white determining the correction.
Does anyone have any experience with such equipment, or comments? should be glad to get some help.
Peter
Old 25th March 2011, 12:58 PM
Print Exchange Manager

I have had a Zonemaster I for some time and had this problem when calibrating it as instructed and equally when setting the Dmax. What I have done now is produce a negative with a horizontal grey scale and when printing the test exposures include the join between two suitably separated tones so that it is possible to tell when one them is just off Dmin or Dmax.
Hope that makes sense and is of help.
Mike
Old 25th March 2011, 01:09 PM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Peter,

Have you had a look at the videos on the RH Design site? They are made by Chris Woodhouse and demonstrate not only how to use the equipment but also how to calibrate.

They can be found at http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/...mo_videos.html

There are also more on Chris's site at http://www.beyondmonochrome.co.uk/ma...t/Archive.html

I found them very helpful.

I also bought the Calibration kit, http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/...ation_kit.html which has examples supplied that show you the density for the highlight and shadow that you are trying to achieve.

Bill

Last edited by Bill; 25th March 2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Additional information
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies