Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 2nd November 2021, 05:18 PM
Friend

Default Coven - Wolverhampton Camea Fair

as some of you know there has been a camera fair in Wolverhampton for some years now. It started in the 1990's at Coven later moving to wolverhampton Racecoourse a much larger venue with usually 4 fairs a year.

With Covid the Racecourse staff were furloughed and it was impossible to book dates for when lock down was lifted.The Fair had just changed ownership and it was decided to relocate to Shrewsbury Town football ground. The first was postponed as lock down was extended and rescheduled taking place the firts Sunday last month.

Meanwhile one of the organisers of a fair in Lincolnshire a regular stallholder at Wolverhampton set up a new fair in Coven the first was last Sundat 31st Oct. I missed the first hearing about it 2 days too late

I went to both the Shrewsbury and Coven fairs, I felt the Coven one was better, less cramped and I think more stall holders, and more importantly, stall holders I typically but off were there, some weren't at Shrewsbury.

There's a good range of items cameras, enlargers plenty of lenses, film and paper, sometimes studio equipment.

To give an example I bought a background roll set of stands etc and a narrow (5ft) roll of grey background paper for £40, a black background cloth 9ft x£16ft for £10 and 10 screw fit modelling lights for £15 (to fit my Elinchom r Bowens flash heads).

In addition I bough paper just shy of 120 sheets 20x16 Ilford Cooltone RC Pearl for £70, current price would be over £400. plus some A4 MGIV and 12x16 Sterling Signature. The seller had just retired closing a professional studo the background stand came from gim as well.

The next fair at Coven is 30th Jan 2022, a Google search will bring up the details.

Ian
Old 2nd November 2021, 07:32 PM
Friend

I love camera fairs!
There are a few over here in the Netherlands that I like to go to and I'm hoping that after such a long wait the next one should be promising...

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 8th November 2021, 01:40 PM
Friend

Is coven a place or a miss spelling?

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 8th November 2021, 01:58 PM
Friend

google Coven Wolverhampton, Mitch and you'll find it easily.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies