Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd November 2010, 12:49 PM
Friend

Default FS: LPL C7700 enlarger

Don't have space for this - LPL C7700 enlarger complete with the following accessories:
  • 35mm carrier
  • 645 carrier
  • 6x6 carrier
  • 6x7 carrier
  • Universal carrier with one glass insert (tatty, missing knob from one masking blade)
  • 75mm F4.5 Rodenstock Rogonar-S lens plus mounting board.
  • Transformer/PSU
  • User manual.

General condition is usable, no marks on the baseboard, but I wouldn't describe it as mint. Can post within the UK at cost, but would prefer buyer collects (Norfolk). Asking £50 O.N.O. for the lot.

Will try to find a couple of spare lamps - The one fitted is looking very tired.
Old 28th November 2010, 11:36 PM
Friend

Im looking for an enlarger to start doing some B&W. Will this do the job? Or am i better trying to find a condenser headed enlarger? Sorry but I am an absolute novice.
Old 29th November 2010, 03:51 AM
Friend

A colour enlarger is well suited to modern B&W multigrade papers - To change the effective paper grade, you just "dial in" additional magenta or yellow according to the chart supplied with the paper. Should you wish to try colour printing at any time in the future, you'd have a suitable enlarger in front of you.

Some say a condenser enlarger enhances any dust or scratches on the negatives, but I haven't done any comparisons myself.
Old 29th November 2010, 08:30 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by panormski View Post
Im looking for an enlarger to start doing some B&W. Will this do the job? Or am i better trying to find a condenser headed enlarger? Sorry but I am an absolute novice.
Welcome, you have come to the right place for darkroom advice.

I'm sure that this enlarger will serve you well.

When you have a few moments please take the time to introduce yourself to those others here.
Old 30th November 2010, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Can't really add anything to what Paul said already! Just to say that I have never used anything other than a colour enlarger for b&w. It is a very versatile option and that is a very good quality enlarger at a very good price (I may be biased - I already have one ).

Cheers, Bob.
Old 6th December 2010, 12:29 PM
Friend

Paul,

Is this still available and where are you.

Been heavily into digital for several years and just starting with the art of film and developing the film and prints myself. I am here to learn and to share with others.
Old 6th December 2010, 03:53 PM
Friend

Pending collection, the enlarger is sold. If things fall through, I'll let you have second dibs on it.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies