Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st February 2015, 12:33 PM
Friend

Default Bulk discounts ?

Does anyone know of any UK dealers offering bulk discounts on film & paper, Ilford preferably.

Ian
Old 1st February 2015, 12:38 PM
Friend

Good question. I used to see the odd discount from Mr Cad in the old days but only to the extent of say 500 sheets of 5x7 for quite a bit less than 5 x 100 sheets and there are small discounts for say 10 pack 120 film but this may be "small beer" amounts in your terms, Ian.

Mike
Old 1st February 2015, 01:58 PM
Friend

Silverprint used to offer bulk discounts on Ilford films and I always ordered from them, with that discount gone I shop around.

I'm ready to place a large order for paper and some film and have to decide whether to switch to Ilford Warmtone paper as my stock of Polywarmtone is running low or switch to Fomatone 131 which I'd buy from the Continent.

Ian
Old 1st February 2015, 02:13 PM
Friend

I wanted a few chemicals late last year and rather than order online, telephoned Process Supplies - On asking, they gave me a substantial discount over the web price.

If you are after a sizeable quantity, it is always worthwhile asking whoever you decide to order from.
Old 1st February 2015, 07:28 PM
Friend

Ian, I trust you have experience of the Ilford Warmtone? It is a really nice paper with a wonderful ability to separate the highlight values. It takes a sepia tone really well, but (personally) I don't think it suits selenium at all. You'll also hear some users say it works in lith. Again, it might for some but I reckon it's too muddy and lacks the variety of colours you'll see from some other papers.
I have no experience with the Foma by way of comparison
Old 1st February 2015, 08:27 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Ian, I trust you have experience of the Ilford Warmtone? It is a really nice paper with a wonderful ability to separate the highlight values. It takes a sepia tone really well, but (personally) I don't think it suits selenium at all. You'll also hear some users say it works in lith. Again, it might for some but I reckon it's too muddy and lacks the variety of colours you'll see from some other papers.
I have no experience with the Foma by way of comparison
Yes I've used Ilford Warmtone before, when Agfa ceased making films & papers I needed a replacement for Agfa MCC at the time Ilford Warmtone was on a creamier off-white base which I didn't like so I chose Forte Polywarmtone instead and was very pleased with the results. I think my last film/paper order was about 1000 euros.

Ilford Warmtone has similar flexibility compared to Polywarmtone and now it's on a white base suits the ways I print, I had no problems with Selenium toner I was very happy with the prints.

Ian.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies