Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd December 2021, 05:16 AM
Friend

Yes, my Rolleiflex is my most beloved and most used camera. I have both Mutars for it and a close up lens.

The meter still works, after around 60 years.
Old 23rd December 2021, 09:05 AM
Friend

Uwe, I enjoyed owning a Baby Rollei for a number of years but eventually sold it when the range of 127 emulsions got too small and inconvenient.

I still have my 1955 Brownie 127 and a few rolls of efke and Rera left. I expose one roll each year on my birthday, "for auld lang syne" (d.h. um der guten alten Zeit willen, auf Schottisch).
Old 23rd December 2021, 12:54 PM
Friend

My offering got put in the post yesterday, Wednesday 22/12/21, by First Class post, so hopefully the recipient will receive it before Christmas.

Terry S
Old 23rd December 2021, 05:41 PM
Friend

Thanks, Uwe, I am very glad you like it.
My Rolleiflex was built in 1961 and is in perfect shape, including the lightmeter. Fortunately one of the best camera repair shops is just around the corner of my workplace. So it got a CLA last summer.
Frank
Old 24th December 2021, 11:02 AM
Friend

My Rolleiflex was built in 1961 and is in perfect shape

So was I, but "perfect shape" would be a terrible exaggeration; more like 'hanging together by a thread'. Suspect my print will be made on Boxing Day, so I'm afraid it will go out last minute.
Old 24th December 2021, 08:01 PM
Friend

Thanks Terry, it arrived today, Christmas Eve. It's a well exposed and well printed 6"x5" image of a white shirt from a negative which is around 25 years old, according to Terry. He says in his letter he likes the smaller format at present and I have to agree - it's just the right size.
Thanks Terry and all the best to you and your family for Christmas and the New Year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
My offering got put in the post yesterday, Wednesday 22/12/21, by First Class post, so hopefully the recipient will receive it before Christmas.

Terry S

Tony
Old 26th December 2021, 03:07 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Pilz View Post
Yes, my Rolleiflex is my most beloved and most used camera. I have both Mutars for it and a close up lens.
I had not heard of this word, 'Rollei mutar' Uwe, so I had to look it up.

Also looking on ebay UK, I was shocked to see that the complete double lenses, with a sun shade, sell from about £500.00 up to just over £1000.00!!! More than the cost of my lovely Rollei.

Terry S
Old 26th December 2021, 05:31 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMiller View Post
Thanks Terry, it arrived today, Christmas Eve. It's a well exposed and well printed 6"x5" image of a white shirt from a negative which is around 25 years old, according to Terry. He says in his letter he likes the smaller format at present and I have to agree - it's just the right size.
Thanks for the comments Tony and the print has just been uploaded to the gallery.

Only need to point out that it's not just a picture of a shirt, but of someone leaning forward, with their head was out of view!

Terry S
Old 29th December 2021, 03:22 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
Posted, today.
And received Marty - and on matt paper as well. That AND a chrimbo card has made my day!

The lovely print that Marty has sent to me, was taken on his LF camera, and is of a landscape taken in Derwent Water, in the Lake District.

Small row boats are in the foreground, a lake and then mountains in the background. This ideallic scene was taken at the end of an afternoon, just as the sun was setting, I'm told.

Overall it's very tranquil shot, that has been well seen and printed. I'm sure that it will bring back happy memories for Marty.

Thanks again Marty.

Terry S
The Ambassador of Matt Paper Everywhere.
Old 29th December 2021, 06:05 PM
Friend

A great many thanks for the feedback, Terry. And I've put a copy in the gallery.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies