Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 30th May 2022, 03:40 PM
Friend

My offering for this month has literally just been put in the post box.

Apologies for the lateness, but my vegetable garden has taken up a lot of my time this month.

Terry S
Old 31st May 2022, 08:25 AM
Friend

Mine going to the post before lunch today, Mike.
Old 7th June 2022, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
My offering for this month has literally just been put in the post box.

Apologies for the lateness, but my vegetable garden has taken up a lot of my time this month.

Terry S
Hi Terry.

Your photos arrived sometime just before the Jubilee weekend (or possibly on the Saturday). Sorry for the delay reporting back, but I have been away for a week visiting family ooop-North so am not sure exactly when they arrived.

Well done getting the little chameleon under the circumstances - sharp as a pin, which is great given the narrow depth of field available to you.

Must confess, I can't see any issue with the Elephant shot, even with your hint, but then it is a very busy image with lots of texture and plant stems etc. But I know what you mean that when you do notice something: it stands out for evermore - very annoying when it happens...

The Kentmere Fine Lustre paper has an interesting look too - put it behind glass and you would be hard-pressed to tell it apart from air-dried fibre.

Thanks and cheers!
Old 7th June 2022, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Incidentally, mine was sent out on the Wednesday (1st) from somewhere near Bradford - apologies yet again for my tardiness...

Cheers, Bob.
Old 8th June 2022, 04:05 AM
Friend

Yesterday I received a beautiful shot from Colin Robertson. It is a reflection of a tree at the icy surface of a lake (or loch in Scotland) - some kind of abstract photograph. I like it very much and my wife too.

I always happy if I get something on baryta paper. Thank you!
Old 9th June 2022, 02:15 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Hi Terry.

Your photos arrived sometime just before the Jubilee weekend (or possibly on the Saturday). Sorry for the delay reporting back, but I have been away for a week visiting family ooop-North so am not sure exactly when they arrived.

Well done getting the little chameleon under the circumstances - sharp as a pin, which is great given the narrow depth of field available to you.

Must confess, I can't see any issue with the Elephant shot, even with your hint, but then it is a very busy image with lots of texture and plant stems etc. But I know what you mean that when you do notice something: it stands out for evermore - very annoying when it happens...
Good to hear from you Bob, as I was becoming worried a bit more about you rather than the prints!

Yes, I was really pleased with how well the chameleon print came out, although the two prints just uploaded are a little soft on screen.

As for the test print elephant shot, the issue with this print still jumps out at me, but have put it up to see if anyone else can see it. It's more noticeable when enlarged, but as you say, it's only noticeable when you actually start to see it!

I hope you had a good break.

Terry S
Old 14th June 2022, 10:12 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
Posted today. My apologies to the recipient.
And waiting for me when I got back home after being away since the end of May and so no apology needed. A very moody print of a photograph taken in NewZealand after a heavy downpour. I thought we only got such gloomy weather conditions in Britain!!

The print is very atmospheric and, I would say, really captures the conditions.

It was printed on FB paper which I haven't used for many a year and is a reminder of the weight and quality of double weight FB paper. I still have some and should make use of it.

Thanks, Mike
Old 14th June 2022, 10:45 AM
Friend

Cheers, Mike and welcome back!

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies