Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Chemistry > Manufactured brews

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd November 2009, 06:38 PM
Friend

Default Kodak Discontinues More B&W & E6 Products

This press release for dealers came out on October 19th, I've only just seen it though and wondered if anyone else had?

There are a few things on there that I didn't even know they still sold!
Old 3rd November 2009, 07:03 PM
Friend

In colour it is E6 that is being hit in certain sizes. Interestingly C41 and RA4 chems aren't mentioned. Still a lot of colour neg done but E6 processing must be the country cousin these days with fewer slide takers. The pros who did a lot of slides seem to have done digi

When was the last slide show any of us were shown in anyone's house and increasingly these days at camera clubs?

Mike
Old 4th November 2009, 01:10 AM
Friend

Some of the people associated with the 'Light and Land' workshops seem to be prominent E6 film users.

Tom
Old 4th November 2009, 07:15 PM
Friend

The items listed in the link are low selling products, so no surprises there. There are alternative products available from other manufacturers such as Ilford Perceptol for Microdol-X.
Old 5th November 2009, 01:30 PM
Friend

Most of the product discontinued lines didn't seem to be available in the UK - so for me it’s not such a big deal

The list was not as grim as I first thought when I re-read it

Kodak seem to be rationalising their products into the most common/highest selling package sizes - which is perfectly understandable

Martin
Old 4th February 2010, 08:20 AM
Friend

Default TMax P3200 for the chop

Wrong thread, but Kodak all the same, there's another list of things to be phased out, this time films. Most of them are colour transparency, but there is one B&W due to go where there is no real substitute, TMax P3200. Not sure when, it's marked 'to be confirmed'. They suggest TMax 400 as the replacement!
Old 4th February 2010, 11:31 AM
Friend

Hmm Never used TMax P3200. I don't think I saw it as readily available as the Ilford Delta 3200 in the UK.
Old 4th February 2010, 03:25 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
but there is one B&W due to go where there is no real substitute, TMax P3200. Not sure when, it's marked 'to be confirmed'. They suggest TMax 400 as the replacement!
Maybe the fast film market isn't big enough for 2 x 3200 plus 1x1600. However D3200 seems to have risen in price quite a bit over the last year or so.

I do hope that when Ilford have the monopoly in 3200 that it does not result in the price will have a take it or leave it premium attached to it.

I like D3200 usually at 1600 but there are occasions when 3200 is useful and I do find it up to the task. Maybe I'd better experiment with Fuji 1600 to see how it matches up in case I need to vote with my pocket and switch.

Mike
Old 4th February 2010, 03:33 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
Wrong thread, but Kodak all the same, there's another list of things to be phased out, this time films. Most of them are colour transparency,
They didn't have a lot of colour transparency films to discontinue. Are there any left now?
Old 9th February 2010, 09:14 AM
Friend

The Kodak announcement is here.

The biggest loss is the 120/220 format KODAK PROFESSIONAL TRI-X 320 film in my view. Although many say that the 320 emulsion was not as good as the 'standard' Tri-x, I quite liked it.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies