Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 5th August 2014, 02:26 PM
Friend

Default Reversal processing cine film.

I'm thinking of trying to process some B&W cine film. Initially, I'm hoping to do Standard 8 such as Tri-X. Does anyone know if the process is done completely in the tank? I recall that some reversal processes need a second exposure. I don't have a dedicated tank, and they are expensive, so I'm hoping to make a film holder to go inside a Paterson print drum for use in a colortherm processor. I don't know if this is possible, but my rough calculation suggests that a 16x12 drum may have the capacity to house 7.5m of the 16mm wide film. If not, I could always cut the film in half prior to processing. This would lead to some extra splices of the finished film, but it might make it easier to handle.
Has anyone ever tried processing cine film in a print drum? Any advice/suggestions are most welcome.
Alex.
Old 5th August 2014, 05:52 PM
Friend

Hi, there.
No first hand experiance here with BW reversal but this might help, I think: Foma R100 process.
Here there are even some formulas, if needed,: fomapan R-100.

Cheers, M.
Old 5th August 2014, 09:13 PM
Friend

Thanks Marty. That looks interesting. I've been exercising my mind with the design of an insert for a 16x12 print tank to hold my film.
Alex
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies