Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

  ***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 30th June 2020, 09:15 AM
EdmundH EdmundH is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: North Norfolk
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomi7ch View Post
Thank you Edmund, your box is really nicely done If I can get near that I will be pleased.
To be fair, I am accustomed to working with similar materials from my day job. It's not that hard, but there are various tricks to getting the finish good, such as dampening the covering before gluing, so it shrinks smooth as it dries.

Let me know if you need any help when you get to starting this project.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 30th June 2020, 09:54 AM
Alan Clark Alan Clark is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 1,272
Default

Hi Edmond, it would be interesting if you could list some of the materials you used for your box, such as what type of card you used, and what type of glue.

Alan
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 1st July 2020, 03:48 PM
photomi7ch's Avatar
photomi7ch photomi7ch is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Midlands
Posts: 2,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundH View Post
To be fair, I am accustomed to working with similar materials from my day job. It's not that hard, but there are various tricks to getting the finish good, such as dampening the covering before gluing, so it shrinks smooth as it dries.

Let me know if you need any help when you get to starting this project.
Thank you Edmund for the pointers and the help.
__________________
Mitch

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2nd July 2020, 09:44 PM
EdmundH EdmundH is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: North Norfolk
Posts: 342
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Clark View Post
Hi Edmond, it would be interesting if you could list some of the materials you used for your box, such as what type of card you used, and what type of glue.

Alan

Hi Alan, sorry I only just found your comment. Iíll try to put together a description and list at the weekend.

Edmund


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 3rd July 2020, 09:14 AM
Alan Clark Alan Clark is offline
Friend
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundH View Post
Hi Alan, sorry I only just found your comment. Iíll try to put together a description and list at the weekend.

Edmund


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Edmond. I thought you had missed my query. Don't worry, I am used to being ignored! It will be interesting to read your comments.

Alan
Reply With Quote
Reply
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Presentation of Square Prints. Keith Tapscott. Monochrome printing techniques 25 6th August 2019 11:41 AM
Developing materials which ones!!?? Gareth Darkroom 12 24th October 2013 09:40 PM
FotoR3 Darkoom Materials Mike O'Pray Darkroom 13 14th May 2013 07:07 PM
Print presentation of contact prints. Keith Tapscott. Monochrome printing techniques 3 26th April 2011 12:43 AM
Favourite B&W Materials etc. Ag-Bromide Monochrome Film 38 20th August 2009 12:06 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.