Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 7th May 2009, 09:28 AM
Friend

Default hanging wet prints

I just saw Steven Taylor's picture of his darkroom and noticed the lines and pegs above his sink - presumably to hang the prints to drip straight from the wash.
In my darkroom I have a 4' x 2' piece of MDF screwed to the wall, and onto that a same-sized piece of clear plastic sheeting (some 3mm thick). I have fixed a length of slim-line guttering, sealed at each end, below the plastic to catch the water ron-off. It doesn't need a drain because it never gets too full, and the water just evaporates away.
The good thing is that prints, even FB, stick to the plastic and can be squeegeed easily.
I have a light directed at the wall; great for viewing prints and teststrips.
Old 7th May 2009, 11:55 AM
Friend

Very neat and ingenious.
Old 7th May 2009, 07:57 PM
Friend

Peter, I have something similar around my "wet area" - perspex splash backs onto which I regularly "stick" test prints and work prints for viewing.
I also have a 6-string extractable washing line running above the wet area for hanging prints and films to dry.

Interesting exchange - by the way Peter can one call in pick up Prescysol or do we have to rely on mail order - I am often in the Iver area.

Andrew
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies