Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th December 2020, 10:13 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by John King View Post
I have not been out on a photographic expedition since last September when I was able to snatch a couple of full days in north west Scotland.

BUT the forecast is good tomorrow with sun from 9am right through to 3pm. Nice and low, just as I like it, with plenty of long shadows and hopefully a lack of mist. I am driving down to North Shields, park up near the quayside and walking the 2 miles along the various paths then up onto the headland at Tynemouth.

I will take a few sandwiches and a flask, so I won't have to depend on finding anywhere open for a takeaway.

Sounds like a great plan, John. We were out on a walk today and the light was very nice. I hope you have a nice trip tomorrow.
Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 30th December 2020, 09:01 AM
Friend

Great shots, Paul - thanks for sharing.
Michael
Old 30th December 2020, 10:05 AM
Friend

Quote:
I have not been out on a photographic expedition since last September when I was able to snatch a couple of full days in north west Scotland.
I'm fortunate enough to live in the North West of Scotland so subject matter is not usually a problem......it's the weather (and only 6hrs of daylight) that stops my outdoor activities at this time of year.

The forecast for tomorrow (Thursday) looks promising, but you can never rely on the forecasts up here so I'll wait and see.

Mike
Old 30th December 2020, 02:21 PM
Friend

Sounds like you guys have got the photographic version of going Cabin Crazy.
I too am desperate for subjects.
Found a good view of the Moon on Tuesday night with a superb, massive ice halo around it. Big problem, all my film was in the bottom of the fridge and needed a few hours warm up.
There is a full moon at the moment, so get out with your telephotos and tripods.
Good shots are to be had on your doorsteps without astronomical telescopes.

Cheers all.
Old 30th December 2020, 03:43 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpirie View Post
I'm fortunate enough to live in the North West of Scotland so subject matter is not usually a problem......it's the weather (and only 6hrs of daylight) that stops my outdoor activities at this time of year.

The forecast for tomorrow (Thursday) looks promising, but you can never rely on the forecasts up here so I'll wait and see.

Mike
Weather is another problem down here, it just never seems to stop raining, Yesterday and today I woke up to a lovely day, so hurried up over my morning routine, grabbed a camera and set, only for the rain to start as I arrived at my destination, so turned around and drove home again, luckily it is at the most 20 minutes to most places here, but cold and rain doesn't help, still, the weather people say tomorrow will be better so wait and see, in the last month I have used 1 film,
Richard
Old 30th December 2020, 07:21 PM
Friend

Default Todays walk

A bit of a non event! Firstly I took the wrong camera, the difference visually in subdued lighting, between a F6 and a D600 is small and guess which one I picked up? You cannot put film in a D600 is the clue!

Then when I got down to the parking area by the river it was like Bank Holiday Weekend. Brilliant sun attracted people like wasps to a piece of rotten fruit! Wall to wall people, despite it being 2 degrees below freezing. There was even an ice cream seller - with a long queue standing toe to heel with each other! Have they no bloody sense?
I started my walk, but gave up after 15 mins, the number of people drifting around totally prevented social distancing.

I gave up and came home. I have a few images, but nothing I would call outstanding.

Now we are in tier 4 I cannot see me getting much further than taking next door's dog for a walk on the disused coal board tracks, at least there I will meet few people.
Old 31st December 2020, 01:15 PM
Friend

Quote:
Then when I got down to the parking area by the river it was like Bank Holiday Weekend. Brilliant sun attracted people like wasps to a piece of rotten fruit! Wall to wall people, despite it being 2 degrees below freezing. There was even an ice cream seller - with a long queue standing toe to heel with each other! Have they no bloody sense?
I started my walk, but gave up after 15 mins, the number of people drifting around totally prevented social distancing.
I know the feeling John, as I too went out for a car ride along the seafront the other day, and I just couldn't believe the amount of people gathering in huge groups, with about 6" between them. No way was I going to park up for a bit of exercise. It really frightens me how stupid and ignorant the public are being.

As soon as I'm offered one of the jabs, I'll be there in a flash!

Terry S
Old 31st December 2020, 01:18 PM
Friend

Quote:
A bit of a non event! Firstly I took the wrong camera, the difference visually in subdued lighting, between a F6 and a D600 is small and guess which one I picked up? You cannot put film in a D600 is the clue!

I gave up and came home. I have a few images, but nothing I would call outstanding.

Now we are in tier 4 I cannot see me getting much further than taking next door's dog for a walk on the disused coal board tracks, at least there I will meet few people.
Try coughing on a regular basis - it will make people run for the hills.

Martin
Old 31st December 2020, 01:28 PM
Friend

I actually found something to photograph today, woke up to a lovely day, so loaded up the Mamiya and set off and around the coast found a lovely set of coastal scenes, and the light was beautiful, AND IT WAS DRY for a change, managed to take one whole film, just developed it and it looks not bad, something new for the print exchange for sure
Richard
Old 31st December 2020, 08:03 PM
Friend

I found this old photo I took a couple of years ago ,and it just sums it up for me this year trapped behind bars and putting weight on ...

lets hope we have a HAPPY NEW YEAR

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018 (2).jpg
Views:	110
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	3950
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies