Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th January 2021, 12:53 PM
Friend

Default New paper announcement in T Rudman's Jan newsletter

This may have been mentioned before and if so can the Mods place this one is the right place if it isn't here but can I ask that anyone in receipt of this letter tells us what the new paper is.

Apparently Tim was given a sample in late 2000 but was sworn to secrecy until Jan 12th when presumably the maker will announce it

Thanks

Mike
Old 12th January 2021, 02:31 PM
Friend

I got the same newsletter as you and I am still waiting for news, I had hoped it might be the polywarm tone from Adox, but according to a post on phototrio from Adox it is nothing to do with them
Richard
Old 12th January 2021, 05:37 PM
Friend

I have just noticed the date and tried to change it but the edit button has expired. I don't think that anyone expects Tim to keep a secret for over 20 years

Mike
Old 12th January 2021, 07:27 PM
Friend

He is probably having problems keeping the secret until today
Richard
Old 12th January 2021, 07:57 PM
Friend

I have just now noticed the second mistake. It seems that it was a newsletterten My excuse is that I was composing the whole thing when my wife said my lunch was ready.

It's a pity for the sake of later clarification that the edit button is not "live" for a lot longer

Mike
Old 12th January 2021, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
I have just now noticed the second mistake. It seems that it was a newsletterten My excuse is that I was composing the whole thing when my wife said my lunch was ready.

It's a pity for the sake of later clarification that the edit button is not "live" for a lot longer

Mike
I've changed the title, but don't know what the date should be - 2020?

IIRC, you have 15 minutes to edit a post but I don't think you can edit a thread title without magic powers.

And Tim's site has decided to take today off with a software fault...

Last edited by Bob; 12th January 2021 at 08:12 PM.
Old 19th January 2021, 03:20 PM
Friend

Just found out what the new paper that Tim Rudman announced in his newsletter, MG Portfolio is now using the new mg 5 emulsion,becoming MGRC Multigrade RC Portfdolio, with, according to the Ilford announcement on their site, it has a slightly warmer base tint and image colour, so now we know, it does sound interesting
Richard
Old 19th January 2021, 03:58 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Gould View Post
Just found out what the new paper that Tim Rudman announced in his newsletter, MG Portfolio is now using the new mg 5 emulsion,becoming MGRC Multigrade RC Portfdolio, with, according to the Ilford announcement on their site, it has a slightly warmer base tint and image colour, so now we know, it does sound interesting
Richard
Is that it?

It's not what I would call a "new" paper. It will probably be followed by "new" prices.

“Reaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.”
- Minor White, 1950
Old 19th January 2021, 04:46 PM
Friend

From what tim Rudman says today it is a complete re working of the Portfolio paper, on a slightly heavier base, which has a warmtone, and prints somewhere between MG5 and RCWT, and is very close in print look to FB, so next time I order paper I might be tempted to give it a try, depending upon the price, Portfolio was always pricier than MG,so just wait and see the price, nothing about that in the release
Richard
Old 19th January 2021, 05:18 PM
Friend

There is an announcement on the front page of Ilford's web-site, as one of the banners at the top about the new paper:

https://www.ilfordphoto.com/

...as well as on this page:

https://www.ilfordphoto.com/new-prod...-rc-portfolio/

But, trying to check out the prices on their site, it currently shows a very small amount of choice when it comes to sizes and quantities. I've just looked and there only seems to be packets of 25, in 10" x 8" size available, with all the other sizes and quantities out of stock. I mean how can this be Ilford, if you have only just announced it today? I REALLY would like to try a pack!

https://www.ilfordphoto.com/multigra...o-pearl-sheets

Terry S

Last edited by Terry S; 19th January 2021 at 05:37 PM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies