Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 8th February 2021, 03:36 PM
Friend

Default Nova Quad 12 x 16 temperature-controlled Print processor. £250 ONO

I've got the above for sale, complete with slot protectors, instructions and two print clips. Fully working.

This is a great bit of kit. The chemicals last for months in it. Easy to set up and use. I bought this second-hand a few years ago but it hasn't seen a lot of use as the layout of my roof space darkroom made it tricky to use to it's best advantage.

The buyer will either need to collect from King's Lynn, Norfolk, UK or arrange a courier.

£250 or nearest offer.
Old 8th February 2021, 09:25 PM
Friend

If I were a bit closer than 10,451 miles I'd be interested.
Old 9th February 2021, 06:20 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
If I were a bit closer than 10,451 miles I'd be interested.
I'm happy to deliver it to you if you'll pay my fare (once covid is behind us anyway)!
Old 9th February 2021, 08:23 PM
Friend

Tempted but haven’t built my darkroom yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26th February 2021, 08:23 PM
Friend

Still available. Somebody was interested but had to pull out for personal reasons.
Old 26th February 2021, 08:36 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
Still available. Somebody was interested but had to pull out for personal reasons.

Hi Rob

Do you know the size and weight of it as would have to use a courier?

Thanks
David

Old 26th February 2021, 09:36 PM
Friend

David this is going to sound close to unwarranted interference on my part but unless it can be packed superbly I'd be wary of using any courier service if it can at all be avoided

If you have no car then maybe there is no choice but if you do have a car I'd be tempted to pay Rob and wait until there is a means of staying over one night on the way back.

Yes this makes it a 2 day trip but guarantees safe collection and arrival of the Nova Quad

I have the 8x10 version of Rob's Nova and looking at mine I'd regard it as an object that is fraught with danger in terms of its potential for damage when couriered.Unless it can be packed with a load of those polystyrene beads and air bags around the outside as packaging or moulded polystyrene that fits the Nova is fraught with accident possibilities

If it has to be couriered I'd want to insure it for the the total purchase cost

I hope it all works out well whatever you do

Mike
Old 27th February 2021, 08:21 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
David this is going to sound close to unwarranted interference on my part but unless it can be packed superbly I'd be wary of using any courier service if it can at all be avoided

If you have no car then maybe there is no choice but if you do have a car I'd be tempted to pay Rob and wait until there is a means of staying over one night on the way back.

Yes this makes it a 2 day trip but guarantees safe collection and arrival of the Nova Quad

I have the 8x10 version of Rob's Nova and looking at mine I'd regard it as an object that is fraught with danger in terms of its potential for damage when couriered.Unless it can be packed with a load of those polystyrene beads and air bags around the outside as packaging or moulded polystyrene that fits the Nova is fraught with accident possibilities

If it has to be couriered I'd want to insure it for the the total purchase cost

I hope it all works out well whatever you do

Mike

Hi Mike

I think you are right, unfortunately I have no way of getting there for the foreseeable future so probably best to leave it for someone who can collect

Thanks
David

Old 27th February 2021, 10:06 PM
Friend

Thanks for the interest. I share your views on couriers and I generally use Royal Mail. A bit more expensive but generally take a bit more care. It would be well packed anyway. I've now put it on the big auction site as I really need the space. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303902049352
Old 28th February 2021, 09:04 AM
Friend

Default NOVA Processor

I can vouch for the need to pack very well. I bought a 12x16 Trimate and it arrived by Royal Mail. The very good box was well packed with bubble wrap by the ton but a blow to one if the sides had fractured the side of the processor.

I would suggest packing the long sides with the plastic wrapping which resemble small pillows but underneath that, the sides should be covered with thin plywood. The sides really are the vulnerable areas.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies