Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 14th April 2021, 12:34 PM
Friend

My offering was put in the post today, Wednesday 14 April 2021.

Terry S
Old 14th April 2021, 04:52 PM
Print Exchange Manager

My offering has also gone into the post today.

Mike
Old 15th April 2021, 06:01 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
My offering was put in the post today, Wednesday 14 April 2021.

Terry S
Received today, thank you Terry. Two small (just over contact print size) pictures taken with a Horizon panoramic camera. The vertical scene is intriguing, I've never seen this done before with a panoramic camera, so definitely worth pursuing. I've had an idea for a while to make some much smaller prints, and now I'm convinced.
Old 16th April 2021, 12:33 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundH View Post
Received today, thank you Terry. Two small (just over contact print size) pictures taken with a Horizon panoramic camera. The vertical scene is intriguing, I've never seen this done before with a panoramic camera, so definitely worth pursuing. I've had an idea for a while to make some much smaller prints, and now I'm convinced.
Good to hear that the two prints arrived Edmund.

Yes, the prints are a bit smaller than my usual 10" x 8" - I just felt the need to try something different, so smaller format prints for the moment it is.

The negatives are from my panoramic Horizon camera, and are 24mm x 58mm, with the prints that I did, with white borders, being made on 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" Ilford RC satin paper. This is a surface I've starting returning to more and more, along with FB matt. Both surfaces I really like, although I know that they are not everyone's cup of tea.

I have tried to keep the scans at as close to actual size as possible.

Enjoy!

Terry S
Old 16th April 2021, 02:19 PM
Friend

Posted mine today
Richard
Old 16th April 2021, 03:37 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
My offering has also gone into the post today.

Mike
Dear Mike, I received your beautiful prints today. My wife enjoyed them too. I like the strak contrast in the battered wood. It is a good combination with the ivy.

You asked about the sharpness, because of some kind of lens separation. I would like to say the print without the leaf is real sharp. The print with the leaf is sharp, but not real sharp. My wirfe did not find a difference in sharpness, but I am some kind of sharpness obsessed and see the invisible.

I found out, that a short exposure time is important when using a SLR. I am able to get a real sharp negative with 1/30 form my Rolleiflex. Even with 1/15 one of two shots is real sharp. I cannot get a real sharp negative with 1/30 and a 50 mm lens with any SLR. I dont have 100 mm, but often use 135 mm. With that lens, 1/250 is the maximum exposure time without tripod. Even then, sometimes a shot is slightly blurred.

After I looked closely at sharpness, I disposed some of my lenses. Among them, all zoom lenses. I still have a pentax zoom, but I don't use it anymore. You may have it if you want.
Old 17th April 2021, 07:20 AM
Friend

Thanks for the sizing tips, it normally tells me the file is too big but not this time.Trying now.

http://graemestarkphotography.blogspot.com/
Old 17th April 2021, 01:10 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Pilz View Post
My prints are in the mail. Enjoy!
Your prints have finally arrived Uwe, so thank you for them.

Uwe has sent to me two rather large prints (which unfortunately won't fit in my A4 folder, with all the other prints received in the PE's ) along with a postcard sized print.

The first large print, is a close up section of a large cutting wheel, previously used to excavate coal. I'm sure it must be rather imposing in real life.

The second large print, is again a close up, this time of a hand carved wooden sculpture of a naked lady, that Uwe says he came across by accident in an artists garden. A background of out of focus foliage helps bring the focus forward to the sculpture.

The postcard print, of an old and what looks like an unused tram carriage, has been selectively hand coloured and it reminds me to print some pictures on some Art 300 and FB matt papers, to have a try once more at colouring some prints. Previous tries have been on various RC surfaces, but these have never been as successful as I' hoped they would be.

So, many thanks for all the pictures Uwe and I like the way that they are embossed with your signature at the bottom corner of each print.

Terry S
Old 17th April 2021, 03:10 PM
Print Exchange Manager

I have uploaded my prints to the gallery but I am not sure quite where I have put them although I did so while in the correct Exchange Gallery - April 2021 Round 128.

Please could a Mod. move them.

Apologies and thanks, Mike
Old 18th April 2021, 07:08 AM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
I have uploaded my prints to the gallery but I am not sure quite where I have put them although I did so while in the correct Exchange Gallery - April 2021 Round 128.

Please could a Mod. move them.

Apologies and thanks, Mike
No problem Mike, Happy to help. I eventually found them and they are now in the correct place.

Bill.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies