Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 18th December 2008, 03:17 PM
Friend

Default Hello from North Devon

Hi there, it hasn't taken long from being given a link the FADU to wanting to register.

I feel stuck in a rut at the moment. Around a year ago I left digital behind and started to learn all over again with film. It was quite a shock to the system I have to admit. I got my hands on a Bronica SQA and all the equipment needed to develop at home, I had intensions of setting up a darkroom as soon as possible but through various reasons this hasn't been possible and so I have just been shooting and filling up a folder. This at the end of the day feels a little pointless as I'm unable to learn and develop my skills although I do still have the great enjoyment I get from just getting outdoors and shooting. I have been fortunate enough to have a friend with a darkroom and grab the odd day to make a few prints and keep the film love glowing.

I had to let the Bronnie go and now using 35mm. I have a couple of Pentax bodies in use, The S1a and a ME Super, the Super is my main body. I have also just let my external meter go to fund a scanner (V300/350 most likely) so I can at least get an idea of how my negatives look, I have no want to make prints from these scans just viewable on my mac.

Okay looks like I'm in danger of writing my first ever essay so I'll call it quits.

All the best,
Stephen
Old 18th December 2008, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Welcome Stephen, put some of those negatives in an album here
Old 18th December 2008, 03:58 PM
Friend

Hello Steven, hope you get sorted with that darkroom quickly. Living without a darkroom is like trying to breath without oxygen...
Peter
Old 18th December 2008, 04:31 PM
Friend

Hi Stephen, you are among friends, and essays are always welcome.
Old 18th December 2008, 04:39 PM
Friend

Hi Stephen and welcome; its so nice to hear of another photographer returning to the fold of film based photography. As Peter said, living without a darkroom is indeed like trying to breath without oxygen.
"To the attentive eye, each moment of the year has its own beauty, and in the same field, it beholds, every hour, a picture which was never seen before, and which will never be seen again" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Timespresent
Arenaphotographers
Old 18th December 2008, 06:28 PM
Friend

Hello Stephen and welcome to FADU. I was in North Devon (before emigrating to West Cornwall ) from 1972 to 2004 so I wonder if we ever met? Mind it is a big place

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 18th December 2008, 11:29 PM
Friend

Thanks all, I will see if I start to put a album together as time goes. Although, you do set the bar high and I feel very inspired by some of the work I have seen here.

Stephen.
Old 18th December 2008, 11:41 PM
Friend

Welcome from South Devon...
Old 19th December 2008, 12:15 AM
Friend

Hi Stephen - good to see you here...
Old 19th December 2008, 08:49 AM
Friend

Thumbs up

Welcome Stephen

Make a New Year Project out of building a Darkroom, if you can have an area permanently set aside where you can begin printing in a matter of minutes it makes all the diference and it is such a wonderful experience.
My Darkroom sits in the corner of our Garage, I partitioned an area off, built stud walls, lights , extractors, wet and dry area and your'e away.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies