Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd May 2018, 12:00 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkroomTed View Post
I have been extremely fortunate that the History of London Archive at the Bishopsgate Institute Library in the City of London accepted all my images (digital files of my darkroom prints) of my latest Under Tracks project, to be kept in perpetuity. So at last they will survive.
That's quite an honour there Ted.

Do you have a website or a link to your latest project, 'Under Tracks', as I for one would like to have a look.

Many thanks,

Terry S
Old 23rd May 2018, 06:34 PM
Friend

[QUOTE=darkroomTed;119912]I thought about this about a year ago.... I've got many boxes of prints, and though my children might want a few prints, they definitely will not want the lot. My major work over the last 9 years has been large projects – so I've simply made these images into photobooks – complete with captions and narrative. I intend to do the same with 'the best' of my non-project street photography images. A book is far easier to keep than a pile of prints.

I think this is the right approach to your work and I hope to get started on a similar project myself.

Vincent - Not afraid of the dark
Old 15th June 2018, 04:42 PM
Friend

Sorry Terry S for not replying sooner....

My Project Under Tracks, and all the rest of my work, can be seen on my website tedkinsey.com

The Under Tracks project also has a blog, which records the making of the project over a three year span.
Old 15th June 2018, 06:52 PM
Friend

Excellent work, Ted. I’ve just had a brief look but I’ll sit down later with a coffee and take my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16th June 2018, 11:16 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkroomTed View Post
Sorry Terry S for not replying sooner...
No worries Ted.

I've just had a good look at your site and images = much to look at.

I particularly like your project, 'City Shapes'.

Looking at your site has now got me thinking of what my next project should be...

Terry S
Old 1st July 2018, 11:41 AM
Friend

Just to let you know I put my first book together and got it printed by 'Snapfish'. I chose the 8 x 10" landscape version and got 19 photos and an introduction printed. I selected several Xpan shots and 35m IR shots. I was pleased enough with the results although the IR shots did not look as good as I had hoped. Of course, that could be down to me in not sending images with of sufficient pixel dimensions. I guess it's a learning process and now that I've made a start I hope to get a few more printed.

Old 1st July 2018, 12:15 PM
Friend

Hi Vincent.
I have toyed with photobooks as a way of sharing photos. I know Blurb has a kind of 'virtual bookshop', and once the book is loaded up family or friends could obtain copies, as happened with the last couple of FADU books.
Does Snapfish work the same way?
Old 1st July 2018, 01:21 PM
Friend

Creating books of projects or holidays etc is a great way to show people your best pictures without all the duds and boring them LOL.

It all started when my Mum and I went on our first holiday abroad together, which we then did yearly for a while. At the end of each I made her a small printed book, initially of just prints in a flip album, and she loves getting them out occasionally to show various people.

I too have made a few 10 x 12 inch ones of various projects and I find people are much more willing and interested in seeing these, rather than looking at individual pictures or a slide show on a computer or pad.

I have tried a few different companies and all of them have made very good books for me.

Terry S
Old 1st July 2018, 07:16 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Hi Vincent.
I have toyed with photobooks as a way of sharing photos. I know Blurb has a kind of 'virtual bookshop', and once the book is loaded up family or friends could obtain copies, as happened with the last couple of FADU books.
Does Snapfish work the same way?
I just checked that now and you can send an email to friends who have an account with 'Snapfish' and they can view it or you can open a link on FB where anyone can view your book. I've yet to do either of these options.

Old 1st July 2018, 09:00 PM
Friend

Thanks Vincent.
Your infrared work has always been very interesting.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies