Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 29th November 2011, 07:26 PM
Friend

I fear we are now exchanging tips between we respondents as the OP hasn't visited the site since Oct 2010

Well, you can't win them all The info of course is still useful.

Mike
Old 16th December 2021, 09:14 AM
Friend

Ah well, I'll add on anyway, even though it's several years on. Might be useful to someone.

I use Barry Thornton's 2-bath developer for Delta 100 as well as for FP4+ and HP5+, and am very happy with the result (in 35mm). I used to be even happier with Tetenal's Emofin, but sadly that is now discontinued.

However, Delta 100 produces thin negatives (as one could expect from the technology!) and at least some film scanners (I used an Epson FS-4000 until recently) fail to capture its deep shadow detail. Negs that print perfectly on grade 2 scanned very poorly. Better scanners or DSLRs may perhaps handle this better, but I have no experience of them.

I love the sharpness and cleanliness of Delta 100, but I vacillate unsystematically between that and FP4+ because I can't make up my mind!

http://www.allmyeye.co.uk

Last edited by snusmumriken; 16th December 2021 at 09:19 AM.
Old 16th December 2021, 11:47 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by snusmumriken View Post
I love the sharpness and cleanliness of Delta 100, but I vacillate unsystematically between that and FP4+ because I can't make up my mind!
Delta 100 works very well in Ryuji Susuki's DS-12 developer at box speed.
Old 20th December 2021, 12:50 AM
Friend

I am late to the thread, but my favorite for 100TMax is Beutler. One of the best film-developer combinations IMHO.
Old 21st December 2021, 04:08 PM
Friend

I'm a big believer in the KISS approach to photography (KISS = keep it simple stupid).

The weakest link in the my photographic efforts in me and there is no film + developer magic silver bullet.

I use ID11 at 1+1 with Delta 100 and find it gives great results.

Martin
Old 30th December 2021, 07:22 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimoS View Post
...reasonably flat contrast curve which would make negatives suitable for scanning.
Given that the HD curves of scans can be adjusted, why is a flat contrast curve desirable?
Old 31st December 2021, 12:53 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOReynolds View Post
Given that the HD curves of scans can be adjusted, why is a flat contrast curve desirable?
Someone more knowledgeable than me, will probably answer this question, but it seems the OP asked the question back in August 2010, but never came back to see the answers... Shame when this happens.

Terry S
Old 1st January 2022, 06:12 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Someone more knowledgeable than me, will probably answer this question, but it seems the OP asked the question back in August 2010, but never came back to see the answers... Shame when this happens.

Terry S
Unfortunately it is not just this forum where that happens.
Old 14th June 2022, 10:05 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
Delta 100 works very well in Ryuji Susuki's DS-12 developer at box speed.
Agree, FX37 is also very good with T grain films.
Old 14th June 2022, 02:21 PM
Friend

I used to wonder about the sense of old threads, especially when the original person has long since left but on re-reading the thread from the start I've changed my mind. I read of a certain Mike O'Pray's experience with some combinations of both DDX and Perceptol with D3200 that I had completely forgotten he had tried with what sounds like reasonable success

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies