Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Print Exchanges

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 25th January 2022, 08:19 PM
Friend

Received today from Frank, an excellent print from a 6x6 negative. The image is a small lamp, an Eternal Light, on a grave in the grounds of Trier Cathedral. The main subject sits amongst Autumn leaves, and is focused in a very narrow plane. This has rendered the background nicely blurred, but the shadows retain the shapes of the Cathedral windows. The print, on MG V Pearl RC appears toned, perhaps in Selenium. Frank will no doubt clarify. Many thanks, Frank, I really like it, and enjoyed reading your letter.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 26th January 2022, 09:29 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
I have posted mine this afternoon.
Alex

And got delivered today. Received a very interesting photo from Alex, printed on Ilford MG V RC Paper.
It shows a view through the fence of an old building in Glasgow, which used to belong to the British Linen Bank.
What makes the photo interesting to me is that the fence is in sharp focus and the building is somewhat out-of-focus in the background, but still very visible.
The daisy flowers lead the viewer's attention from the fence towards the building.
Well done!

Interesting to read that you've developed this XP2 film in HC-110! Have read about that too but never got to try it myself.
In fact, my first ever roll of XP2 is still waiting for me in the fridge...

Thank you Alex, this print will get a nice place in my collection!
Old 26th January 2022, 09:43 AM
Friend

Thanks, Sebastiaan. Iím glad you liked the print.
Alex

Old 26th January 2022, 10:39 AM
Friend

Print finally in the post.
Old 26th January 2022, 02:10 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
I'm now covid free, so I'm now allowed out and managed to post my offering yesterday, Thursday 20/01/22.

Terry S
And they, yes two prints, arrived yesterday, complete with printed address on a xanthic coloured envelope, no less!

Both prints reveal Terry's playfulness with light and subject matter and his fondness for printing quite heavily.

You never know what you're going to get with the print exchanges but it will always be a pleasant surprise and probably far removed from what you, yourself would do.

Many thanks for the prints, Terry and for bringing some cheer to my doorstep!

PS Pleased to hear you're covid free while my family and I are currently under quarantine restrictions!

ďReaching a creative state of mind thru positive action
is considered preferable to waiting for inspiration.Ē
- Minor White, 1950
Old 26th January 2022, 04:39 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
And they, yes two prints, arrived yesterday, complete with printed address on a xanthic coloured envelope, no less!

You never know what you're going to get with the print exchanges but it will always be a pleasant surprise and probably far removed from what you, yourself would do.

Many thanks for the prints, Terry and for bringing some cheer to my doorstep!

PS Pleased to hear you're covid free while my family and I are currently under quarantine restrictions!
And many thanks for your comments Marty and I have learned my new word of the day in 'xanthic'. I'll have to try and remember that one, especially as I am using a lot more of a quantity of them more recently. (If you don't know the meaning of the word, like me, it means 'yellow'! )

And I totally agree with your comments about the exchanges and it is one of the reasons I continue to join in. You never know what's going to land on your mat next.

'Some cheer' to you is more than welcome in these current times and I hope that you and your family get well from covid really soon, if that's the reason for isolating. I mostly had a sore throat and body aches, along with continuing head and eye aches for about two weeks, until I got a negative test result, although the last two ongoing symptoms have subsided today somewhat. All you can do is dose yourself with paracetamols, drink lots of fluid and rest.

Terry S
Old 27th January 2022, 06:30 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
Received today from Frank. The print, on MG V Pearl RC appears toned, perhaps in Selenium.
Hi Alex,
Thank you for your kind words. No toning, I have so far never done this. A little bit afraid, because my lab does not have good ventilation.
This came up before and I guess it comes from my developer, Moersch Eco 4812.
Best, Frank
Old 27th January 2022, 07:37 PM
Friend

Came today, a pair of prints from Mike Heller.
First a landscape shot featuring a tree growing from a boulder, with line of hills behind. I love this one, as it reminds me of a tree doing just the same thing on Rannoch Moor. I bet Alex knows the very one. I've been travelling that road for 50 years, and have watched what was a tiny sapling sprouting from a huge boulder grow into a tree.
Mike's print has a bold sky and you can almost feel the wind blowing through the scene. Medium format, so lovely smooth tones and crisp textures.

The second print is a very unusual slim, vertical, panoramic close-up of a Lily bud. Mike, this is very clever. I like pano, I like still life, and i would never have come up with this.
Many thanks for the prints.
Old 27th January 2022, 09:24 PM
Friend

I know the very tree, Colin. My own kids used to look out for it. I havenít managed to pass that way since last Spring, but will look out for it when Iím up there in April.
Alex.

Old 3rd February 2022, 08:12 AM
Friend

Good Morning Terry-
My print to you has been 'in transit' since last Wednesday.
If it's not there today I will assume lost and get something else out to you ASAP.
Sorry.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   Keyphoto   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   RK Photo   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies   Silverprint Ltd