Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 15th October 2021, 10:55 AM
Friend

And it's also available for iOS, too. If the film you're using isn't in the app, and assuming that the film's manufacturer has provided the timings, then the new film can be added. It's a little long-winded but at least it works.
Old 15th October 2021, 11:34 AM
Friend

I see Reciprocity, Reciprocity Timer and Reciprocity Plus in the iOS app store. Which of those is it?
Old 15th October 2021, 11:37 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyNL View Post
I use an app called reciprocity on my android phone. It's free, very simple/basic and no ad's.
Thanks for that app recommendation Marty. I've tried doing the mathematical sum from Ilford at the beginning of this thread, but my PC calculator doesn't have the required sign, although I doubt if I would carry my PC around with me when doing evening / night time shots. I was thinking of writing out a range of exposures to take with me though.

I have enjoyed low light shooting in the past and hope to try some again, especially with the darker nights coming in a lot earlier in the day.

So, I think I will look at Marty's app and the individual tech sheet for HP5+, which is my go to film, although I also want to try out the Ilford's 3200 film as well.

Terry S
Old 15th October 2021, 11:38 AM
Friend

I am not sure which one others use, but I have found Reciprocity Timer to be useful. It includes settings for filter and bellows compensation, and particular camera/lens combinations.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 15th October 2021, 11:45 AM
Friend

I have Reciprocity Timer installed on my iPhone. I've added the setting for Adox Scala 50, so far, as it wasn't on the drop-down list.
Old 15th October 2021, 02:44 PM
Friend

Nick and Alex, thank you both: I'll follow suit.
Old 16th October 2021, 09:01 AM
Friend

It worked for me but have you noticed the date of the publication printed in the bottom right hand corner? :-

2017, so it is not exactly new.
Old 17th October 2021, 11:32 PM
Administrator

This thread was started in 2017 John . Another one of those blasts from the past that pops up from time to time.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies