Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 6th July 2021, 11:02 AM
Friend

You could try Kodak Tmax developer diluted 1+4. 1 litre of working solution can develop up to 12 rolls of film before discarding, but I can't remember the time compensation required, so you will have to read the technical data sheet.
Old 6th July 2021, 01:22 PM
Friend

Cool

I bought some fotospeed FD10 5L . from AG the price is £31.30 ,I have a roll of FP4 to develope I will give it a go in FD10 maybe tonight ,I will let you know how I get on ________________________________________
well I did try it out it was OK for X-ray film but a bit flat for film not much contrast .but I have been using Ilfotec HC 1x31 dilution ,Its renders lovely contrasty negatives that seem to sparkle ,you have to be very precise with the measurements so I use a syringe, when developing X-ray film I use 2000ml of water with 20ml of Ilfotec HC in my yankee tanks .I find that ILfotec HC gives me a better negative than Ilford DD-X was giving me .I think that DD-X is a very good developer ,but for me the HC is better and lasts a lot longer .From AG DD-X 1L is £23.54 (1x4)
and HC is £33.81 (1x31) Dilution .
Old 10th July 2021, 04:42 PM
Friend

I use Kodak HC-110 it keeps pretty much for ever and can be used in a very dilute solution. For my Fomapan 100 I use it at 1:150.

There are examples on "the net" as to many other films and many other dilutions.

I guess it has its limitations, but it seems a pretty good all rounder and works for me

Just a thought.

Ian

Last edited by CambsIan; 10th July 2021 at 04:47 PM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies