Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome Film

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 24th December 2021, 01:48 PM
Friend

Michael that's me I couldn't find my axx with both hands ,with x-ray film you really need these .so you don't have to touch the film until its dry ,,Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (6)       qqqq.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	4288
Old 24th December 2021, 01:53 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
No, Paul: it's here. The obvious search "Fujifilm industrial" produces the list.
Thanks guys.

Terry S
Old 24th December 2021, 03:14 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
Michael that's me I couldn't find my axx with both hands ,with x-ray film you really need these .so you don't have to touch the film until its dry ,,Attachment 4288
Yes, unless things have changed x-ray film was always coated on both sides to increase its light-gathering ability. The larger cassettes (think of it as the 'film holder') were lined with a material which would fluoresce when irradiated. Incoming radiation would directly expose the film, and the coating would give a second bite at the cherry by fluorescing and exposing the film to visible light as well.
All aimed at getting maximum exposure for minimum radiation. It means that both sides of the film are vulnerable to damage whilst wet.

A lot of medical/dental imaging is now digital, but film still fills a niche on reasons of cost for both low volume users (like some dentists) and oddly also for big films where the equivalent digital systems are hugely expensive.

We're now digital and I scored a pile of film clips which were redundant. They were used to hold little x-ray films, but are perfect for hanging up 5x4 to dry!
Old 1st August 2022, 09:18 PM
Friend

Anyone used this?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403736641...8AAOSw5cpitjIx
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:06 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldNorm View Post
I've not seen this seller before Norm, but he gets 100% in his feedback.

If I recall, this price is quite expensive and I'm presuming that the seller buys larger sheets and cuts them down, so you do get the convenient 5" x 4"size, although if I recall 5" x 4" is actually just under this size to fit in film holders, so the buyer may have to trim them a bit.

The photos taken on the ad that he shows, do not give a very good impression though, as they seem to be very unevenly developed, especially the last 3 out of the 6 photos.

Terry S
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies