Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 24th October 2013, 01:16 PM
Friend

Default AG photographic

has anybody bought from AG photographic lately ,the reason I ask is that I put in an order last week ,got a reply saying that they are waiting for some stock to come in ,and that's it I have sent them 4 emails so fare and I have had no reply ,this seems very strange to me ,
are they still trading or are they closed for stock taking or something ,what annoys me the most is not having a reply to my emails and just leaving me in the dark ,I must say in there favour I have dealt with them before and never had this trouble ,this is why I am worrying now ...

www.essexcockney.com
Old 24th October 2013, 01:40 PM
Friend

done loads of orders with them and its always been fine. they can be very slow replying to emails and if something isnt in stock they wont send your order out. give them a little more time and they should get back to you.
Old 24th October 2013, 02:07 PM
Friend

Why don't you phone them?
Old 24th October 2013, 02:35 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miha View Post
Why don't you phone them?
I phoned them last week to order some rolls of film. They didn't answer. I get the impression that they like you to order on-line these days.
Anyway, I don't like ordering on-line so I phoned Mathers of Bolton. They answered straight away. They turned out to be cheaper than AG. And the film arrived next day.
To be fair I have always had good service from AG, but have had a lot of film off Mathers over the years and they are very good to deal with.

Alan
Old 24th October 2013, 02:51 PM
Friend

I used to buy a lot from AG, but stopped a while ago when I had trouble getting them on the phone, like Alan I don't like ordering on line, and they always seemed to be low or out of stock on what I wanted, and they always seemed to take a long while to reply to Emails,and their prices stared to creep up, I now go to Silverprint, always ready to take porders on the phone, rarely out of stock of what I want, and if an item is out they send the order with the out of stock item to follow, and goods arrive within 2 days, good to the C.I, often cheaper than most and carriage charges lowest anywhere I have used, (£6.25 to Jersey, normal charge less VAT, which we don't pay) for me it's win win
Richard
Old 24th October 2013, 04:40 PM
Friend

I too have noticed what appears to be a trend of being out of stock and being this way for, in some cases, months. A good example of this is the developer from the U.S. called Ethol LPD. Matt has apparently been waiting for fresh stocks for what must be 4-5 months.

It really can't take this long to order stuff from the U.S. There may be good reasons why there appears to be stock problems and getting replies but if so it might be sensible to lets us know.

I'd prefer that in the case of stuff like LPD he simply removed the waiting stock note and said that he is not in a position to order it until further notice.

I use LPD as an example of what seems to be happening and need to add that I haven't ordered it and I am not saying that Matt has left me swinging in the breeze.

He might see this thread and can let us know what is happening.

His move to the centre of Brum and taking on the film processing aspect may be good for business but from our point of view as customers, things were maybe better when he was above a car dealership out in the suburbs and was a two man band

Mike
Old 24th October 2013, 05:03 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
I too have noticed what appears to be a trend of being out of stock and being this way for, in some cases, months. A good example of this is the developer from the U.S. called Ethol LPD. Matt has apparently been waiting for fresh stocks for what must be 4-5 months.

It really can't take this long to order stuff from the U.S. There may be good reasons why there appears to be stock problems and getting replies but if so it might be sensible to lets us know.

I'd prefer that in the case of stuff like LPD he simply removed the waiting stock note and said that he is not in a position to order it until further notice.

I use LPD as an example of what seems to be happening and need to add that I haven't ordered it and I am not saying that Matt has left me swinging in the breeze.

He might see this thread and can let us know what is happening.

His move to the centre of Brum and taking on the film processing aspect may be good for business but from our point of view as customers, things were maybe better when he was above a car dealership out in the suburbs and was a two man band

Mike
Re stock, the following has been on AG's Website for at least 2 years

Raw Chemicals are coming soon to Ag Photographic. In the meantime please feel free to contact us for more information and also to let us know your ideas / desires / preferences in this area.
Old 24th October 2013, 05:21 PM
Friend

I am one of those people that like to stay with one supplier ,I was quite happy with AG even when I wanted Kodak film and on the site it said email us to check stock ,so I did and I got no reply ,so I chose Ilford film instead ,they have just emailed me and told me the delay was that they had trouble getting Ilford mg developer ,so I have said send whatever you have got ,so I am hopping that I will get my delivery tomorrow but I am not holding my breath , what got my goat the most is I have been sending them emails all week and they did not bother to answer any of them .....

www.essexcockney.com
Old 24th October 2013, 05:34 PM
Friend

I never had troubles with them, but I always state about what can be dropped on an order if isn't available.

About LPD or former Edwal products, I was told that they stopped doing anything but canned air passing production somewhere else, so it can be some shortages or troubles stocking it for a while. Not sure how true is this, but it's what I've heard from some usually well informed sources.
Old 24th October 2013, 06:53 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muihlinn View Post
About LPD or former Edwal products, I was told that they stopped doing anything but canned air passing production somewhere else, so it can be some shortages or troubles stocking it for a while. Not sure how true is this, but it's what I've heard from some usually well informed sources.
There are a lot of Ethol LPD users on APUG and those people are not backward at coming forward if anything they value is under threat but I have seen nothing to indicate that LPD isn't easily available in the U.S. and in current production

Roger Cole a friend here and based in the U.S. is a big user of LPD. Maybe if he sees this thread he will comment on its availability

Mike
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies