Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 26th June 2012, 12:44 AM
Friend

Default Gepe 120 Roll Film developing tanks.

Over the weekend I bought a couple of small items on Ebay and the thing at the bottom, where they try and hook you into buying something else, popped up with one of these tanks. It looked like there was a clip-on orange plastic piece (to the spiral) that would the film on.

Anybody using one and are they any good? They seem to be quite rare with this being the first time I had seen one and I would not go more than a fiver.

There were three of them in separate lots and I put in a bid for a fiver when the time came. They all ended up selling for near to twenty pounds and I looked at the bidders afterwards and the same person bought all three.
Old 26th June 2012, 02:07 PM
Friend

I have one of these for 35mm, the pink plastic parts are for loading the centre loading spiral, the tank is universal but you need to buy a separate 120 spiral.
I bought mine over 30 years ago, used it for a few films and then discovered Durst tanks, the Gepe has since sat in various darkrooms unused, I do not rate them very high.
Peter
Old 28th June 2012, 01:49 PM
Friend

Many thanks for your reply and you have talked me out of going after a Gepe tank.

I am used to 35mm, but have got interested in medium format as of late. I came very close to disaster in developing my first 120 size film in a long time through not being used to the thinner and wider film. It looks as if I am now going to have to get used to it, well at least for the time being.

Anyone with any info on Agfa Rodinax daylight loading tanks for 120's, just in case?

Thanks again.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies