Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Meetings

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 7th April 2010, 03:06 PM
Friend

Default Informal Field Trips, organised by Friends

Informal Field Trips, organised by Friends

We wish to encourage, and support friends who are able to run an informal Field Trip, in an area known to them, in the company of other members.

Any Friend who knows of an interesting photographic location, and who would be prepared to guide others on an informal basis, is welcome to post the details and arrange a date for their Field Trip in the Meetings section of the Forum.

We suggest the process of publicising your Field Trip is kept as simple as possible. A good introduction on the Forum could go like this:

Start a new thread with, if possible, your destination as part of its title.

The body of text could read something like:

I’m going to X sometime in June, if anyone wants to join me for a walk and some photography then do get in touch to sort out arrangements, everyone is welcome.

The information could be enhanced by adding a short description of the type of photography the location provides, a date / time for the event, details of the meeting place with OS refs, if sensible footwear is required and if a packed lunch is required etc.

Friends who are interested in attending your event may then discuss the details with you in the thread, and ask for any other information required. They would be expected to make their own arrangements to get to the event, you would not be expected to organise that aspect.

If you would like to discuss an idea for an event, or seek further guidance on anything associated with running an event please contact me, Neil Souch (B&W Neil) by PM or email, I will be happy to assist.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Old 19th February 2012, 05:06 AM
Friend

Default City of Cambridge.

I wonder if you would be interested in Cambridge for a weekend visit and then if time did permit, on to Ely to see the riverside and cathedral.

I would suggest late May or early June to take advantage of the longer daylight hours and before the main tourist season starts. If people are interested, planning should start now if hotel rooms need to be booked.

I am prepared to help by drawing up an itenary and with places to see as well as a decent real ale pub for the evenings, where there is the possibility of a real ale festival.

Regards,

Alan Jones
Old 19th February 2012, 11:12 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanJones View Post
I wonder if you would be interested in Cambridge / Ely for a weekend visit and then if time did permit, on to Ely to see the riverside and cathedral.

I would suggest late May or early June to take advantage of the longer daylight hours and before the main tourist season starts. If people are interested, planning should start now if hotel rooms need to be booked.

I am prepared to help by drawing up an itenary and with places to see as well as a decent real ale pub for the evenings, where there is the possibility of a real ale festival.

Regards,

Alan Jones

This is a really good proposal Alan and I am sure Cambridge / Ely will make a popular location for a weekend of photography.

Unfortunately, I am committed most months now for an away somewhere so I cannot take anything else on for a while. I hope you get plenty of interest and that I can get over to Cambridge on another occasion.

Neil.

Neil Souch
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies