Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 1st April 2015, 12:38 PM
Friend

Hi Matt and good luck with the new venture, I admit I stopped using AG for much the same reasons as Tom above, and because since your move I could never get a phone answered, and I have a strong dislike for on line shopping, When you launched your business I ordered via the phone a lot, when I couldn't get a reply I phoned elsewhere
Richard
Old 1st April 2015, 02:00 PM
Friend

I have been using Ag photographic almost exclusively over the last year. I have experienced some communication issues but their competitive pricing kept me returning.

The lack of communication did make me think that a sepia kit I ordered several weeks ago (but was out of stock) may be lost or forgotten about in the ether, however, I was pleasantly surprised to receive it yesterday. Although I got an email about the order stating 'pending', which confused me, it clearly meant the toner was in the process of being shipped, which was a tad annoying as I could possible have ordered some additional items - it seemed rather extravagant to send the sepia toner alone by fedex but I cannot fault their customer service on this matter.

By the way the fedex tracking service is quite remarkable, I tracked Keith (the driver) on google maps most of the morning and could time my day based on his progress.
Old 1st April 2015, 02:31 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgc View Post
I have been using Ag photographic almost exclusively over the last year. I have experienced some communication issues but their competitive pricing kept me returning.

The lack of communication did make me think that a sepia kit I ordered several weeks ago (but was out of stock) may be lost or forgotten about in the ether, however, I was pleasantly surprised to receive it yesterday. Although I got an email about the order stating 'pending', which confused me, it clearly meant the toner was in the process of being shipped, which was a tad annoying as I could possible have ordered some additional items - it seemed rather extravagant to send the sepia toner alone by fedex but I cannot fault their customer service on this matter.

By the way the fedex tracking service is quite remarkable, I tracked Keith (the driver) on google maps most of the morning and could time my day based on his progress.
Thanks David - this is the new system identifying you were owed this item, and then ensuring it was dispatched as soon as available.

Yes, the tracking is very good, it's why we moved away from Parcelforce for the routine carrier deliveries. Although it's Interlink (part of Geopost / DPD) not Fedex - but they do all look much the same!
Old 1st April 2015, 03:11 PM
Friend

Hi Matt,

Not bought anything from you for a while, as stocked up well last time I ordered, but sure I will soon be in touch again

Good luck and all the best with the new venture.

Ian
Old 1st April 2015, 03:57 PM
Friend

Ah, growing pains, my sympathies Matt but also good wishes for the new venture

RH Designs darkroom equipment : dalesphoto.co.uk
Old 1st April 2015, 05:22 PM
Friend

good luck with your new venture Matt and I hope it all goes well

www.essexcockney.com
Old 1st April 2015, 06:14 PM
Friend

"Free delivery on all orders over £50" - good move and that makes a difference to me. Good luck with it.

Tony
Old 1st April 2015, 08:45 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMiller View Post
"Free delivery on all orders over £50" - good move and that makes a difference to me. Good luck with it.
Many thanks for that.

Customers love free delivery - We have tried to come up with a solution that means we can bring the free delivery threshold down to £50, without it impacting dramatically on pricing. I think it will be popular.

This is will be the advantage of a secondary website for us - we can do this sort of thing and if it doesn't work as expected, it wont have impacted on the primary site.
Old 1st April 2015, 08:56 PM
Friend

Matt, I take it that the free delivery on orders over £50 applies only to Analogue Essentials and not to the main AgPhotographic site or will the new lower limit for free delivery apply to both sites?

As free delivery is clearly a great selling point the question of how much of the main site's products are available through Analogue Essentials springs to mind.

OK I suppose that I have only to wait until tomorrow to know but clearly everyone who uses you will switch to Analogue Essentials for all the common items.

Mike
Old 1st April 2015, 09:17 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O'Pray View Post
Matt, I take it that the free delivery on orders over £50 applies only to Analogue Essentials and not to the main AgPhotographic site or will the new lower limit for free delivery apply to both sites?

As free delivery is clearly a great selling point the question of how much of the main site's products are available through Analogue Essentials springs to mind.

OK I suppose that I have only to wait until tomorrow to know but clearly everyone who uses you will switch to Analogue Essentials for all the common items.

Mike
Hi Mike,

We are leaving the Ag site the same for the time being in terms of pricing and delivery costs. One of the main purposes of the secondary site www.analogueessentials.co.uk is that we can trial different pricing dynamics and see how the customers respond.

The other purpose of the new site is to target a slightly different customer - it is "stripped out", "no frills" and doesn't have as many lines as the Ag site. But the lines it does have are the core products from the core suppliers. For example, we are not listing rolls of FB paper or 20x24" paper or 10x8 film etc. But we have created some new products, like 5 packs of film (Ag only has singles and 10 packs)

As I say, I think there is a lot of new interest in analogue at the moment and I think (hope!) this approach will appeal to them. The site should be very approachable.

The range will increase over time however I am sure.

I have just changed the DNS settings for the domain, so I'm hoping the site will come live in the next few hours. Although there was a note saying it can take up to 24 hours.....hopefully they are just playing it safe saying that, and the site will come live tomorrow morning sometime!
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies