Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Negative Printing Exchange

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th December 2021, 07:41 AM
Friend

Thanks Terry.
My own envelope has been waiting to go out for a couple of days- best actually go to the post office tomorrow! I've put the printing notes inside the inner envelope alongside my version of the negative I picked.
Old 12th December 2021, 01:09 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Thanks Terry.
My own envelope has been waiting to go out for a couple of days- best actually go to the post office tomorrow! I've put the printing notes inside the inner envelope alongside my version of the negative I picked.
So, did you manage to take something especially for this round, or was it a negative from the files in the end? I had hoped to do the same, but haven't finished my film yet, so thought it best to use one from my files, as it might be a while before I finish the roll.

And like you, I too have put the printing notes in with the negative.

Terry S
Old 12th December 2021, 08:33 PM
Friend

Hi Terry.
In the end I went with a negative from last year which I had never printed. I had wanted something new, and have been carrying one of my Minoltas most places I go. Hasn't done me much good though- I'll drop you a PM.
What was good fun was wringing a good print (or at least trying to) out of a negative I'd passed over because I'd been disappointed in it.
I'm quite looking forward to seeing what my print partner makes of it.
Old 13th December 2021, 11:14 AM
Friend

I've now sent mine off and just received a very interesting negative to get my teeth into (not literally!). I didn't take anything specific but used a neg I'd taken this autumn that is 'open to interpretation'. I'll be fascinated to see the results!
Old 13th December 2021, 01:14 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
I've now sent mine off and just received a very interesting negative to get my teeth into (not literally!).
Good to hear that it's all arrived okay Rob. Now remember, NO peeping until you've done your print!!

Terry S
Old 13th December 2021, 02:05 PM
Friend

Mine gone just now, thanks to the overwhelmed looking lady in the post-office. They must Love Christmas.
I received my negative very early, and made a straight work print from it. It's been perched on our sideboard for a couple of weeks, and I have now decided what to do with it.

If I'm keeping tabs on this properly:
Myself and Uwe Pilz have exchanged.
Rob Archer and Terry S have exchanged.

Bob and Alex outstanding. I seem to recall Alex was in the middle of setting up a temporary darkroom, and Bob has just posted about his new set-up. The return date for prints made from the negative you receive isn't until February 2022- still some time off.
Alex, Bob- if either or both need some wiggle room on dates drop me a message.
Cheers,
Colin
Old 13th December 2021, 02:56 PM
Friend

I am happy to say that I have just posted mine this afternoon. It should arrive midweek. I’m working from a temporary darkroom in my office. It works, but I’m not keen on staying too late after the office closes. Time is limited to about 90 mins per session, but ok if I’m focused on making a print from a single negative.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 16th December 2021, 01:32 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Archer View Post
I've now sent mine off...
And safely received today, so thanks Rob.

I've been provided with a strip of HP5+ (my go to film) and looking at them, they appear to be a well exposed and developed set.

I think I too will try and do a straight print and live with it for a week or so, until I get back into the darkroom to make the final print. Hopefully I will have time to do the straight print, when I get into the darkroom to print up December's Print Exchange print, by the end of the weekend, all going well.

Terry S
Old 16th December 2021, 02:42 PM
Friend

Thanks Terry.
I'll note that you're received your negative.

Maybe some folk can just 'read' a negative but I opted to make a print from the one I received. Straight Grade 2 on RC paper with no manipulation. Looking at it for a while t helped decide what I would do with it.
Whether or not I have the ability is a different question!
Old 16th December 2021, 04:23 PM
Friend

Dear Colin, I just received your negative.

I'll try to make at least a first print. in the next days. May be today. In any case, I am a few times in the darkroom for an hour or so. If you asked my wife she would say every day for several hour

I have a question: Have you thought that everybody keeps the print in the second envelope and only send back their own? Or should I sent back both for you having a comparison? I am not sure about this.

You will hear form me in the next future and you will see something too in the gallery.
--
Uwe.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies