Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd February 2019, 11:02 AM
longhouselife

photomi7ch,

I have a Helios 135mm f/2.8 with M42 mount. It is the Japanese version, new, practically unused. I bought it to mount on the Sony digital I was using at the time, but ended up preferring the Minolta MC 135mm lens I already had.

You would be welcome to it if of interest. DirectMessage if required for details.
Old 4th February 2019, 03:13 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhouselife View Post
photomi7ch,

I have a Helios 135mm f/2.8 with M42 mount. It is the Japanese version, new, practically unused. I bought it to mount on the Sony digital I was using at the time, but ended up preferring the Minolta MC 135mm lens I already had.

You would be welcome to it if of interest. DirectMessage if required for details.
Thank you for the offer. I have a zoom lens that covers the focal length in an almost used condition.

I am not sure what I want to do with the camera kit wise until I know it works OK.

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 6th February 2019, 03:46 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Marlow View Post
Mitch I have instruction books for an MTL5 and LTL Prakticas which I no longer need. If they would be any use to you send me a PM with your address and I will post them to you.

Tony
Thank you Tony the manuals arrived today. They have been very useful already in sorting out how the film should go when attaching it to the advance reel.

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Old 29th September 2019, 01:53 PM
Friend

Along over due update I solved the foam problem by going into hobby craft and purchased an 8x10 approx sheet of neoprene foam for a £1. Cut off what was needed and put in place. Works a treat have processed a couple of film with no light leaks.

Old 29th September 2019, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomi7ch View Post
I picked this camera up last year. It cost very little and looks like it has never been used. It has a number problems the main being it did not come with a lens. Second the battery cover was jammed shut which I have now solved. Third It needs a battery (PX625a) the one I found in side is knackered hence not being able to remove the battery cover. Fourth, there is or was some foam on the hinged side of the camera back door. I remember a thread that talked about where to get some replacement foam.

Any suggestions as to where I may get any of this from would be appreciated.

Well I just re bought my old gear during the past 10 days from Ebay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camera.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	325.4 KB
ID:	3235   Click image for larger version

Name:	lens.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	525.1 KB
ID:	3236  
Old 29th September 2019, 05:14 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannik View Post
Well I just re bought my old gear during the past 10 days from Ebay
It looks in good nick. I only purchased the MTL 3 because it was still in the shop window 6 weeks after I first saw it.

Old 29th September 2019, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomi7ch View Post
It looks in good nick. I only purchased the MTL 3 because it was still in the shop window 6 weeks after I first saw it.
That's how they get you - by deliberately putting things in the window and then sneakily not selling it to anyone else for a few weeks. The evil sods!
Old 1st October 2019, 04:52 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
That's how they get you - by deliberately putting things in the window and then sneakily not selling it to anyone else for a few weeks. The evil sods!
That will teach me I'll not be caught out again.

Old 2nd October 2019, 06:37 PM
Friend

If it helps I did a VIDEO about many of my Prakticas- you can see it here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFBgMzGvRVk
Old 3rd October 2020, 10:13 PM
Friend

My first SLR was an Praktica MTL5b I bought new with the stock Pentacon 50mm lens when I started working (in the 80's) and I've recently been thinking about getting another just for fun!

From what I can remember it was built to stop a tank (I'm pretty sure that's what the Russians used it for?) but it was really solidly built and easy to use.

I can't remember what happened to mine, I may have given it away after I bought my Minolta X-9 from Dixons in the 90's (remember them!) My X-9 travelled the world with me and I still use it the most.
Although I love my Olympus OM10 with manual adapter and my Nikon FM2 which is a thing of beauty!

Anyway my son's been eyeing up my cameras so maybe I'll get him a Praktica for xmas after I've tested it thoroughly first

Tony Z

Tags
battery, foam mtl3, praktica
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies