Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Member Organised Functions > Sale or Wanted

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 23rd December 2020, 08:22 AM
Friend

Default Wanted Olympus OM to Pen F Adpater

Hi All

Has anyone got for sale an Olympus OM Lens Mount Adapter for Pen F Film Camera. So I can use my OM lenses on my Pen FT camera?

Thanks
David
Old 23rd December 2020, 01:18 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quendil View Post
Hi All

Has anyone got for sale an Olympus OM Lens Mount Adapter for Pen F Film Camera. So I can use my OM lenses on my Pen FT camera?

Thanks
David
David, I don't have one and neither does SRB seem to make them, but there are two new ones on ebay uk at the moment. They both come from China and checking, both are from the same seller, at the same price, but advertised slightly differently:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adapter-f....c100677.m4598

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/32421749551...254ff8e60f1f12

Terry S
Old 23rd December 2020, 01:22 PM
Moderator & Keeper of the Calendar

Terry, I think if you look at those adapters they are for the Olympus Digital cameras not the film versions. Olympus appear to be using the same names as previously used for film cameras for the new digital versions.

Bill
Old 23rd December 2020, 02:42 PM
Friend

Thank Terry but those are for the digital pen. It looks like I can do it with two adapters OM to EOS then EOS to Pen. Apparently the Olympus original ones and very expensive and people use the two adapter way.

But still on the look out for a reasonable priced Olympus one

Davud
Old 24th December 2020, 01:15 PM
Friend

Ah, some interesting points you guys have made!

And having just re-looked at the ebay links, there is no obvious information on either of them, that mentions their use is for digital only. Having just gone back to look AGAIN, it seems that only when you click on the 'More information' link, is it stated their use is for digital cameras only, where it does state, 'Haoge Manual Lens Adapter allows you to mount Olympus OM Lens to Olympus and Panasonic Micro Four Thirds system (MFT or M4/3) Camera.' I would have put this information on the most important front page of the ebay ad. I think it's very misleading on their part and could lead to a few returns being made. So, I must remember to check and ask if I ever need something similar from a seller.

Also a bit confusing to have Olympus use the same model numbers and names on both film and digital cameras that they make.

Terry S

Last edited by Terry S; 24th December 2020 at 01:20 PM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies