Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 30th September 2019, 04:41 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
The batteries that I have are both Lithium so still a problem. What is the problem with them in the post anyway that doesn't apply to other types? I am sure that I ordered them on-line and they came by post and were at least delivered by Royal Mail.
Mike
I too have ordered and received a variety of batteries of all sizes over the years, without any problems with Royal Mail.

If you look at the long list of things that you are NOT supposed to send, I could probably say that I've had some of them delivered by RM as well!

Worst scenario, was years ago when taking a flight to Tunisia for a Christmas break. Being honest at the check in counter, we declared that we had a couple of Christmas crackers in our hand luggage = wrong answer!!! We were told to take them out of the baggage and 'crack' them before putting them back in. As it turned out, the hotel was expecting loads of Brits, so had laid some on for us anyway.

Terry S
Old 30th September 2019, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHeller View Post
The batteries that I have are both Lithium so still a problem. What is the problem with them in the post anyway that doesn't apply to other types? I am sure that I ordered them on-line and they came by post and were at least delivered by Royal Mail.
Mike
It's not just lithium types - most others are restricted. All carriers will have restrictions in place on some or all battery types. You can send them under certain restricted conditions, but the rules change almost daily and even online sellers have a hard time keeping up.

I read that it is due to air transport restrictions: mail within the UK may travel by air, so aircraft based regulations apply to all. But that is just what I read - may be wrong.

Last edited by Bob; 1st October 2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 1st October 2019, 10:25 AM
Print Exchange Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quendil View Post
Hi Mike

Thats very kind of you. I think she will be going to some museums so the Olympus may be an issue with the flash so the Pentax may be the best bet if thats ok with you. Not to worry about batteries as I have several types.

Thanks
David
I think that one would be the best unless she is intending to use it somewhere very wet. PM Sent.
Mike
Old 1st October 2019, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
It's not just lithium types - most others are restricted. All carriers will have restrictions in place on some or all battery types. You can send them under certain restricted conditions, but the rules change almost daily and even online sellers have a hard time keeping up.

I read that it is due to air transport restrictions: mail within the UK may travel by air, so aircraft based regulations apply to all. But that is just what I read - may be wrong.

I do follow the rules but be honest so many illegal items are sent in the post, either just placed in a post box or, when asked at the counter "does it have batteries" I know people say "No"

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/defa...--23745440.pdf

Old 6th October 2020, 10:11 PM
Friend

Years ago I had a Pentax Pen EE half frame. Three distance settings, light meter, and compact, if you can find one with a working meter I highly recommend. Also the advantage of getting 72 exposures on a 36 exposure roll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 7th October 2020, 07:02 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeinv View Post
Years ago I had a Pentax Pen EE half frame. Three distance settings, light meter, and compact, if you can find one with a working meter I highly recommend. Also the advantage of getting 72 exposures on a 36 exposure roll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Pentax did make half frame cameras but they were a special order and quite rare, there's a few Half Frame KX SLRs and I remember seeing a half frame Spotmatic.

You mean the Olympus Pen EE. I suspect David - Quendil's daughters school trip never took place this year, maybe next year instead.

Ian
Old 7th October 2020, 09:16 AM
Friend

Oops- this thread is a year old-
Quendil- did the trip happen or did Covid scupper it? What camera if any did she end up with?
Old 7th October 2020, 05:00 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
Oops- this thread is a year old-
Quendil- did the trip happen or did Covid scupper it? What camera if any did she end up with?

Unfortunately the trip was cancelled but she had used the camera 5 or 6 times this year , I have just developed her last film. Hopefully when I have my new darkroom she will want to help me print

Thanks
David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies