Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Darkroom

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd January 2020, 10:02 AM
Friend

Default Durst negative holders

Hello, I am looking for a 35 mm negative holder for a Durst AC 707. Does anyone know whether the negative holders are interchangeable with other Durst models or whether I specifically need to get the holder for the AC 707? Thanks for your help.

Edit. I should add that I have the negative holder for 5x4 negatives so if anyone knows if Durst sold a suitable 35 mm mask to fit in this, that works also help

Last edited by AnimalBones; 3rd January 2020 at 10:30 AM.
Old 3rd January 2020, 08:37 PM
Friend

Hi. I had a look at a picture of this enlarger to see what the carrier looks like. I might be wrong, but it seems to do a maximum of 6x7, rather than 4x5. The carrier in the photo I looked at was similar to other Durst models, but probably not interchangeable. I think there would have been masks, however, to accommodate film sizes below 6x7. Try to have a looks the manual. It should be available online. It will tell you the name or part numbers of the carrier and format masks. You can then search for them on eBay, etc.
Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 4th January 2020, 09:24 AM
Friend

I made my own aluminium 35mm masks for an M601 back in 1975, it's relatively easy. As a student I couldn't afford Durts prices Still use them today.

If you get stuck I have aluminium the right thickness.

Ian
Old 4th January 2020, 03:30 PM
Administrator

The AC707 does not do 4x5 so not sure what you have there, possibly the carrier from an AC1200 or L1200? If you have the standard holder for the enlarger then as Alex and Ian suggest, you can either try to find a 35mm insert mask or make your own at a pinch.

There is a manual for the AC707 Autocolor version in the Manuals section here on FADU: http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...ead.php?t=9435
Old 5th January 2020, 05:11 PM
Friend

Yep, my bad, it was the Sivopar 67 insert. I picked up the Sivopar 35 on eBay yesterday so I’m all set other than a manual to use the thing. I have the manual for the Autocolor version but there is a density controller on the BW so will need to find the manual for the BW somehow.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies