Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - small format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 4th August 2020, 03:07 PM
Friend

Default Leica R6 flash TTL

Hi,

I am using a Leica R6 with Summicron-R 50 3rd cam only. I am shooting flash on a Metz 32-MZ3 via an SCA351 shoe.

When I set my shutter speed to X I am not getting the flash ready indicator flashing in my view finder (if I shoot the flash still goes off but I have no idea now if it is using TTL metering). The flash ready indicator was working before but it has just stopped. All other viewfinder lights are working fine.

I would really appreciate any insight into why my flash ready light is not working. I suppose I could do manual flash but I would rather solve this conundrum. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Martin
Old 4th August 2020, 06:23 PM
Friend

Are all the electrical contacts between camera and flash clean? I don’t know this setup, but I assume you plug a box into the camera hotshoe, and it has a cable to the flash. The different contacts on the hotshoe normally connect things like the ready light, metering etc. I would try cleaning both the hotshoe and the contacts on the box that connect with it to see if that helps. Apologies if you have already tried that.
Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 4th August 2020, 07:50 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuir View Post
Are all the electrical contacts between camera and flash clean? I don’t know this setup, but I assume you plug a box into the camera hotshoe, and it has a cable to the flash. The different contacts on the hotshoe normally connect things like the ready light, metering etc. I would try cleaning both the hotshoe and the contacts on the box that connect with it to see if that helps. Apologies if you have already tried that.
Alex.

Hi Alex, I did give them a quick wipe and they do look clean but maybe I'll try something more robust
Old 4th August 2020, 08:23 PM
Friend

Wiping with electrical contact cleaner, or isopropyl alcohol usually ensures that contacts like this are clean. I would avoid using anything abrasive, and wipe any solvent off plastic parts.
Alex

Old 5th August 2020, 05:28 AM
Friend

Never been a Leica user so can't shed any light on this, I'm afraid.
Have you asked here?
https://www.l-camera-forum.com/forum...eica-r-system/

Dedicated to R cameras, so maybe someone here has had the same issue?
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies