Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Monochrome Work > Monochrome printing techniques

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 10th January 2009, 08:46 PM
Friend

Default 2-bath print developing

Some years ago I experimented with this technique using Kentmere Art DeLuxe papers and Fotospeed Grade Select chemicals.(now discontinued) I got reasonable results with good contrast variations. The problem was the fairly short life of the (expensive) developers. At that time most of my prints were on Multigrade and I dropped fixed grade papers.

I really like Kentmere Bromide and Kentona and want to re-try the technique, along with pre-flashing (thanks for the superb article, Les!). I'm also now mixing my own chemicals for economy and control. Anybody out there got any tips/tricks? e.g which hard & soft chemicals work well together.

I'm obviously doing a few experiments, but a bit of experience may be a good pointer.

Rob
Old 10th January 2009, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Rob,

Try the Beers two bath formula. There has been lots written about it and is used by many fine photographers. I'll dig out the details and put them in the Chemical Formulae forum. --- Done

Last edited by Barry; 10th January 2009 at 11:05 PM.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies