Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Equipment > Cameras - Large Format

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 11th June 2016, 08:02 AM
Friend

Default Anyone Around The Doncaster Area Using 4x5

I am currently using medium Format but would like to step up to 4x5 and was wondering if there were any 4x5 users around the Doncaster South Yorkshire area who would be prepared to offer some one to one advise.

ian
Old 11th June 2016, 11:11 PM
Friend

Hi Ian,
I'm not in that area, but I have just 'moved up' to 4x5 from medium format (although I will still be shooting 6x6 and 6x7).
If you require good advice, and/or direction, I can assure you that you will definitely find it here, as I have.
You should start some threads and ask questions. Then, after you have a few posts to your credit , you can communicate one-to-one with other members by 'personal message' if that suits you better.
It's probably better to share your 'predicaments' openly though, as many of us can also learn from your journey too.

Good Luck

JP
Old 12th June 2016, 08:32 AM
Friend

There's a few 5x4" users in Sheffield,myself included, if you don't find anyone in Donny.
Old 12th June 2016, 10:04 AM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
There's a few 5x4" users in Sheffield,myself included, if you don't find anyone in Donny.
Hello Dave and thanks for the comment.

I am currently using the Mamiya 645 Pro and Pentax 645N for my film work. I operate the hybrid route (scan) and don't use a darkroom.

Large Format 4x5 does appeal to me although I have to admit that I have never actually used a large format camera.

I am currently contemplating the Chamonix 045N-2 mainly for its size and weight.
Old 12th June 2016, 04:36 PM
Friend

Sounds a similar approach to me, I have a Chamonix and used to shoot a Mamiya 645.

If you fancy a jaunt over my neck of the woods (west side of town/Peak district) of an evening you're more than welcome, try and take some photos in this glorious British summer weather we're having at the moment.
Old 12th June 2016, 04:54 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
Sounds a similar approach to me, I have a Chamonix and used to shoot a Mamiya 645.

If you fancy a jaunt over my neck of the woods (west side of town/Peak district) of an evening you're more than welcome, try and take some photos in this glorious British summer weather we're having at the moment.
Cheers Dave, how far west of the city centre are you or whats the nearest village/town
Old 12th June 2016, 08:12 PM
Friend

I'm kind of not far from Endcliffe park, hunters bar etc.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies