Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Photography in general

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 3rd January 2021, 10:26 AM
Friend

Default Ilford Portfolio

Does anyone know what is happening with the Portfolio range? All the UK suppliers are showing out of stock. I had thought that Ilford would reformulate with the new MG V emulsion.

I have emailed Ilford but haven't had a reply.
Old 3rd January 2021, 10:32 AM
Friend

Sorry, can't help with the Portfolio question. The lack of reply may be due to the Christmas break. I believe they go back tomorrow.
Old 3rd January 2021, 01:18 PM
Friend

rouleur, I did the same myself and my e-mail was well before the Xmas shutdown. I have had no answer either

As Steve says we can't now expect any answer until Jan 4 and under the latest tier restrictions in the North West I am unsure how many Ilford staff who deal with queries are at work

Nevertheless a little frustrating to say the least. Logic says that either they abandon Portfolio completely in which case tell us or they are in the process of extending the new DeLuxe emulsion to that paper and for whatever reason wish to say nothing until they are in a position to make an announcement

However there is nothing worse that not getting any response so if it were me I'd feel pressed to say what is happening but I am not IlfordPhoto unfortunately

Mike
Old 3rd January 2021, 03:41 PM
Friend

According to Tim Rudman's Christmas Newsletter on January 12th there is a new paper coming, He can't from where, but has some in his darkroom, could it be Portfolio MG5 de luxe? we will ave to wait 10 days to find out
Richard
Old 3rd January 2021, 04:11 PM
Friend

I do hope so. I sent my email back in the summer so that should be enough time. Just have to wait till the 12th.
Old 3rd January 2021, 05:08 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouleur View Post
I do hope so. I sent my email back in the summer so that should be enough time. Just have to wait till the 12th.
Wow! Now that is a long wait. I don't need Portfolio so had no idea how long this has gone on for. My e-mail to Ilford in I think early December, was simply prompted by a thread on Photrio where I had become peeved with everyone moaning and speculating instead of doing as you have done and asked the question of the maker

Mike
Old 3rd January 2021, 06:58 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouleur View Post
That is a very long time to wait, and seems to be unusual for Ilford, but off course early summer with covid and the Ilford shutdown, and restarting production, it could easily be missed, and we are, or I should say you, are in an even bigger Covid crisis now, I say you because we seem, at the moment, with a ''fire break'' and all hospitility, and non essential shops closed until at least January 11th, we seem to be getting it back under control, we have gone down from over 1000 active cases to just over 400 in around 10 days, I think we must forgive Ilford/Harman if mistakes are made like this
Ricahard
Old 3rd January 2021, 07:02 PM
Friend

I've sent another email. Seems like they are back in the office tomorrow. Well keep you posted if there's any response.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies