Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > General discussions > Feedback and forum matters

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 2nd August 2010, 10:48 AM
Friend

Default Tapatalk Plugin

Just like to highlight a software available for iphone and android phones which makes it easier to browse user fora using your phones here: http://www.tapatalk.com.

Currently, I'm using it to browse APUG whilst on the move, and IMHO it is much more enjoyable than accessing the forum using only the mobile browser on the phone.

For it to be available for the tapatalk user, the forum admin needs to download a free plugin for the forum software, I believe for FADU it's vBulletin, and install it. Wondering whether the Admin is aware of this software, and whether you would consider making it available?
Old 4th August 2010, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Thanks for reminding me. This was suggested at the Spring FADU meetup but at the time no one in the moderator team had an iPhone which meant that we could not monitor what was happening - or if it was indeed working at all - so we shelved the idea.

I have taken possession of a shiny new iPhone 4 yesterday so we will look again at the option.

Cheers, Bob.
Old 4th August 2010, 08:55 PM
Friend

As I am posting this message from my iPhone this sounds like it may be of interest to me.

Neil
Old 5th August 2010, 07:51 AM
Friend

Thanks Bob, Neil for your consideration.
Old 6th August 2010, 08:27 PM
Administrator

We have installed the Tapatalk system and it appears to be working fine. You can find us on Tapatalk by searching for FADU in the Tapatalk app.

The app can be downloaded for a variety of internet-enabled mobile phones by visiting: http://www.tapatalk.com/mobile.php.

There is a read-only version for the iPhone that is free although you need to part with 1.79 UK beer tokens (or local equivalent) for a version that will let you post from the iPhone (FADU does not see a penny of this money BTW).

Seems to work fine on my iPhone 4, but I'd suggest playing with the free version before deciding if you want to pay for the posting version.

Cheers, Bob.

Last edited by Bob; 7th August 2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 6th August 2010, 08:49 PM
Friend

Great.... and I already have a go. It's working fine so far here on paid version on my iphone 3Gs (firmware 4.0.1). Thank you so much.
Old 7th August 2010, 04:32 PM
Friend

Working for me as well, thanks Bob

Brian
Old 26th October 2011, 06:57 PM
Friend

Tapatalk? I haven't got beyond careless talk yet

Sorry couldn't resist.

Mike
Old 27th October 2011, 05:53 PM
Friend

Works on my android phone also so its not just for iphones. Tapatalk is very handy. A great way to browse the site
Old 26th October 2013, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Tapatalk on the forum has been upgraded to the latest version so people getting "needs upgrading / version expired" errors should no longer get them.

I also enabled push-notifications for those who want to be notified of changes to threads etc.

On a related note, Tapatalk are moving to an advertising based monetization system rather than charging for the App. This means they will be inserting adverts into forum streams. They look very much like normal forum posts so it's easy to click on one by mistake.

However, FADU has opted-out of this activity so if you see adverts inserted into the forum stream, please let us know as they should not appear.

Cheers, Bob.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies