Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies  

Notices

Go Back   Film and Darkroom User > Site Forums > Introductions

***   Click here for the FADU 2015/2014 Yearbooks   ***

Old 12th September 2018, 06:46 PM
Friend

Hi Fez, welcome to fadu, where new friends always welcome.

Ian
Old 12th September 2018, 10:07 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Good one Mike, I remember Fess Parker as Davy Crockett when he came to Dublin with a stage show. I was only a kid but I do remember him displaying his shooting skills. I also recall Roy Rogers and his horse Trigger doing a show.

Roy Rogers and Trigger stayed at the Central Station Hotel in Glasgow. I’m not sure when, but it’s quite well documented. Probably at the same time you recall, Vincent?
Alex
Old 14th September 2018, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Welcome to fadu Fez.
Old 17th September 2018, 11:35 AM
Friend

Lovely darkroom Fez. I would like to own an Ilfolab 1250 RC print dryer, but too expensive.

Welcome to fadu.

Keith.
Old 17th September 2018, 11:43 AM
Friend

Thank you for all the welcome messages. I actually am old enough to remember Fess Parker and he has a fine bunch of vinyards in the states. I know a few x RAF phots, I worked in London with Rick Brewell who was the best fast jet photographer of his generation and a smashing bloke for a "crabfat" !! (RAF) I spent many many hours/days shooting similar stuff for the RN but from the back of helicopters, I was also based in Gibraltar, ship/submarine Int photography was the sole reason we had a helo based in Gib.
Does anyone have a Devere 504 timer for sale, one that fits into the Devere transtab? I cant work out the wiring to fit a Hauck T20-40-50 or 60 into the wierd square plug that goes into the Transtab, or does anyone know the wiring set up, it has an extra wire to contend with.......... thanks and all the best fez
"do not shake the dust off"
Old 17th September 2018, 12:14 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
Lovely darkroom Fez. I would like to own an Ilfolab 1250 RC print dryer, but too expensive.

Welcome to fadu.

Keith.
Hi Keith
Thanks mate, its taken me quite some time to build it all, im lucky to be able to do the building/plumbing stuff myself as this is in an industrial unit, I had to build a box room within a room.. Ilford RC1250 I think is one of the main things for darkroom work as it eases the tiresome print drying time, they are quite rare now but I managed to buy a spare one too, you are right though they are expensive, I picked it up off ebay for 800 quid, its great for my punters as they can shove a 10x8 through in 20 seconds.
all the best and dont shake the "dustoff" fez
Old 17th September 2018, 12:49 PM
Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fez parker View Post
Ilford RC1250 I think is one of the main things for darkroom work as it eases the tiresome print drying time, they are quite rare now but I managed to buy a spare one too, you are right though they are expensive, I picked it up off ebay for 800 quid. Fez
Wow, 800 quid!?! Suddenly I feel really lucky about when I got mine not that many years ago.

I originally purchased a perspex FB print washer for about fifty quid off of a local, but different camera club member, who advertised on ebay. Over a cup of tea, himself and his wife (both photographers who had given up on the darkroom) and myself chatted for about half an hour. I then picked up the washer to get ready to go and he just offered the RC dryer to me for NOTHING, as he wouldn't be using it again. This was great enough, but then he gave me a carrier bag of different sized and branded RC papers for NOTHING again!!! Was I a happy chappy for a few days afterwards!?!

Years down the line, I am still using some of the paper given to me.

Terry S
Old 17th September 2018, 04:14 PM
Friend

Quite a trade, Terry. As the traders used to say at the Market on Honey Lane, "You've got a lucky face, Guv"

Mike
Old 28th September 2018, 12:18 PM
Friend

Welcome aboard, Fez. "...when I was in the Waaarrr..."

Richard.
Old 4th October 2018, 10:41 AM
Friend

Welcome Fez

http://photomi7ch.blogspot.com/

If you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable must be the truth.
Support our Sponsors, they keep FADU free:   AG Photographic   The Imaging Warehouse   Process Supplies   RH Designs   Second-hand Darkroom Supplies